We are looking for a Publicist who will be responsible for heavy media relations on behalf of Fullscreen’s content, talent, brand campaigns, experiences and products. We’re looking for a candidate with a passion for connecting leading press and audiences with great stories and content experiences that impact popular culture. The ideal candidate would have a passion for and knowledge of YouTube, digital entertainment, and the world of social media influencers. This individual is a strong storyteller who consistently turns pitches into features, focuses on precisely targeted video and interview placements, and has existing contacts at leading consumer outlets across broadcast, print and online. The candidate would also have a proven track record of public relations experience to support and fulfill the strategic objectives of a highly cross-functional organization. Reporting to the Director or PR, this individual will focus heavily on outreach for Fullscreen’s original films and series, partner content, branded content, short form programming and more.
- Develop strong media relationships on behalf of Fullscreen and its initiatives
- Pitch targeted press to secure high-impact coverage of Fullscreen content, talent, brand campaigns and product innovations
- Collaborate with internal and external PR teams and vendors
- Author press releases, pitches, blogs, bylines and other copy
- Provide on-site media relations support on-site during production and at Fullscreen-related events such as INTOUR, CES, SXSW, VidCon, RTX, etc. This role does require travel for events and major press initiatives.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Fullscreen’s creator community
- Manage media coverage tracking and produce press reports for distribution among internal and external teams.
- 3+ years of public relations experience at an agency, network or studio
- Strong relationships with key consumer press
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven execution of traditional and non-traditional public relations strategies for online video content and creative talent (examples required)
- Understanding of the social video business and the creator community
- Ability to mentor and train others
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to effectively and enthusiastically collaborate with multiple teams
- Previous experience in digital media and/or online video is required
PERKS + BENEFITS
- Use What You Need paid time off
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Insurance
- Catered meal on Fridays
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) with a company match
- Both paid maternity time and paid paternity time
Fullscreen Media is a global leader in social-first entertainment experiences serving creators, brands and consumers. Fullscreen Media is comprised of three key businesses: Fullscreen Creator Network is the biggest network empowering creators through a variety of services, from audience development and programming support to management, content production and merchandising. Fullscreen Entertainment reaches consumers through creator-driven experiences from Fullscreen Live, original content from Fullscreen Productions and the pioneering Rooster Teeth studio, and subscription video on demand services “Fullscreen” and Rooster Teeth’s “FIRST.” Fullscreen Brandworks partners with major brands to tap into the power of social media with original entertainment, influencer marketing, multi-platform social content and targeted media through the Fullscreen Media Network.
For a behind-the-scenes glance at what it's like to work at Fullscreen Media, click HERE.
Fullscreen, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.