News Writer - Rooster Teeth
Rooster Teeth has an exciting new opportunity in the Know group for a news writer who specializes in video games and geek culture. We are looking to fill a full time position with an experienced writer who has a wide variety of work that illustrates their understanding of high-quality, in-depth video game news. Applicants should be comfortable working in a creative, fast-paced environment with quick turnaround times on projects. The primary focus of the news writer will be to source and research news, write news scripts and written articles, and incorporate feedback from producers and directors, and complete multiple projects each week. An understanding of efficiency and comedic timing is a must. Please visit our YouTube page for further insight into the content we create.
- Research and write news stories for video and online publication
- Track sources and assets to assist the production team
- Collaborate with presenters and writing staff to establish an authentic voice across all content
- Make edits based on feedback from producers and directors
- Assist in research for new shows and related content
- 2+ years demonstrated experience writing news in video games and adjacent markets
- Strong sense of storytelling and comedic timing
- Experience script writing is a plus
- Ability to research a topic quickly and thoroughly
- Understanding of YouTube and internet content needed
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop a plus
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment & accept feedback/notes on work
- Desire to further improve skills and techniques
- Strong will and self-motivation to take on projects and complete tasks on time
- Love of video games is a big plus
Please submit a resume and cover letter highlighting your experience and abilities along with a URL to samples of your work. All documents must be submitted in PDF format.
PERKS + BENEFITS
- 100% Company paid health & dental benefits
- 401(k) with a company match
- Generous paid time off each year
- Opportunity for career growth
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Friendly
Rooster Teeth is a pioneering creative production studio responsible for award-winning online videos such as "Red vs. Blue," the longest-running web series in history; globally acclaimed animated series "RWBY;" comedy gamer series, "The Gauntlet;" comedy series "Rooster Teeth Shorts;" and "Immersion," a show that tests video game concepts in the real world. Rooster Teeth founded and operates "Achievement Hunter," the popular gaming website, and produces the award-winning "Rooster Teeth Podcast," voted Best Gaming Podcast at the 2013 Podcast Awards. With a dedicated worldwide fan community, Rooster Teeth created RTX, an annual gaming and Internet convention held in Austin, TX, which attracts tens of thousands of gamers, online video fans and Rooster Teeth community members from around the world. The Rooster Teeth YouTube channel became the 4th most viewed YouTube channel in the world (non-music) in 2013. The Rooster Teeth multi-channel network has over 20 million YouTube subscribers and more than 5 billion views, and the Rooster Teeth website has 3 million unique monthly visitors with 1.8 million registered community members. Founded by Matt Hullum and Burnie Burns, Rooster Teeth is a subsidiary of Fullscreen, Inc., a global media company that develops online creators and produces multi-platform entertainment experiences. Discover more at http://www.roosterteeth.com.
Fullscreen, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Back to top