Senior Project Manager
Start date: Immediately
What We're Up To
Fueled is a product-driven venture-development firm that works with a range of startups and big brands to create compelling, successful, award-winning apps and websites. Our mission is to help entrepreneurs, whether solo or part of a thousand-person company, build and scale their business. We help people perfect and realize their visions for digital products. Other mercenary developers just churn out what a client asks for, while we we strive to truly understand the problems our clients are aiming to solve and stop at nothing to build solid products that present the optimal solution. We are a lean, tenacious machine powered by 85 of the sharpest, most passionate people we could find.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Developing and managing project plans, and work with project team members to execute on these plans.
- Ensuring project timelines and deliverables are being met at each stage using agile and scrum principles.
- Efficiently planning for and prioritize resources based on deliverable dates, scope, and goals.
- Establishing and monitoring effective flow of communication between the product, design, and development teams on a daily basis.
- Manage schedules, budgets, assets, and scope detail with great precision and organization.
- Appropriately setting and managing client expectations through tactful negotiation and clear communication.
- Balancing client wants and needs on each project with those of the Fueled team.
- Proactively identify needs, opportunities, and approaches that clients may not recognize on their own.
- Monitoring risks and scoping creep on each project in order to preemptively address potential issues.
- Communicating and documenting project status and strategic recommendations to clients, team members, and Resourcing Manager on a regular basis; escalating issues accordingly via the appropriate channels.
The Ideal Candidate
- - Minimum of 5 years of interactive project management/account management experience in the digital space.
- Strong understanding of web and mobile development technologies, agile methodologies, and design lifecycle, to the extent that most client questions can be answered without consulting a developer.
- Demonstrated ability to provide strong, level-headed leadership and mentorship to junior team members, as well as the ability to support cross-functional project teams.
- Ability to motivate, support and understand his/her teams, as well as an ease of working with and managing team members outside of his/her area of expertise.
- Significant client-facing experience, in particular working with clients to develop and negotiate project scopes and budgets.
- Vast knowledge of mobile and tech industry best practices and the most relevant platforms.
- Ability to skillfully articulate the unique Fueled approach on each project.
- Ability to stay calm and collected in tense situations.
- Strong sense of personal style.
Perks and Salary
- Salary - TBC
- Access to Fueled’s insurance plans (healthcare, dental, and more through Aetna), effective from day one of employment
- Access to Fueled's 401k plan day one (with tiered matching after 6 months of employment)
- Capital Award in Fueled Ventures equity plan
- As part of our Phantom Equity Program, Fueled U.S. employees have collective ownership of 50% of the Fueled Ventures equity portfolio. Ownership is based on employee rank and tenure.
- Ability to purchase train/metrocard and other qualifying transportation costs pre-tax
- Opportunity to enroll in a Flexible Spending Account
- Flexible vacation policy, including 8 paid company holidays
- Biweekly lunches, quarterly team dinners & company outings, happy hours, and more
- Annual performance bonuses
See Inside the Office of Fueled
Fueled is a product-driven venture-development firm that works with a range of startups and big brands to create compelling, successful, award-winning apps and websites. The company's mission is to help entrepreneurs—whether solo or part of a 1000-person company—build and scale their businesses, helping people perfect and realize their visions for digital products. A lean, tenacious machine, Fueled is powered by 85 of the sharpest, most passionate people to be found.
Back to top