Senior Frontend Developer
What We're Up To
Fueled is a product-driven venture-development firm that works with a range of startups and big brands to create compelling, successful, award-winning apps and websites. Our mission is to help entrepreneurs, whether solo or part of a thousand-person company, build and scale their business. We help people perfect and realize their visions for digital products. Other mercenary developers just churn out what a client asks for, while we strive to truly understand the problems our clients are aiming to solve and stop at nothing to build solid products that present the optimal solution. We are a lean, tenacious machine powered by 85 of the sharpest, most passionate people we could find. Learn more about us: http://fueled.com.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Creating responsive designs for websites and web/mobile applications.
- Being actively involved in creating and enhancing user experience through frontend development.
- Maintaining and pushing the agency benchmark for quality of work output for existing and new clients.
- Being adaptive and always striving to step out of your comfort zone and experiment in new disciplines.
- Being comfortable in client facing situations to carry out face-to-face meetings and calls.
- Being responsible for the day-to-day management of sub team members, progress, and deadlines.
- Working with the Production Department and other members of the Design Department.
- Reporting directly to the Creative Director.
- Being involved in Senior management meetings to discuss team-wide and industry-related topics.
The Ideal Candidate
- 5+ years of front end development experience, preferably in an agency environment (client-side).
- Experience in overseeing teams and running regular code reviews.
- Experience with integrating RESTful APIs.
- The ability to pick up new languages, and the desire to further your skillset
- Experience integrating with third-party systems (CMS, analytics etc).
- Experience with Git, either in the command line or using a GUI; as well as knowledge of Github best practice and working collaboratively with code
- Knowledge of MVC development, and related languages and frameworks (Python, and Django for example)
- Experience with Sketch, as well as the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with bug tracking systems such as Pivotal Tracker or JIRA.
- A solid understanding of core Computer Science fundamentals, including object-oriented design and development.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure and scalability.
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and strong time management & problem solving capabilities.
- A knack for collaborating, sharing your thoughts on problems, and working through them to discover the best solution.
- The capability to accurately execute design work into code whilst forming exciting user journeys using appropriate and creative end user experience techniques.
- Experience with, or desire to explore WebGL and other creative frontend technologies.
Perks and Benefits
- 21 days holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- Annual performance bonuses
- Access to money-saving childcare voucher scheme for working parents
- Biannual meetups/trips abroad
- 27” iMac to work from when in the office
- Your very own Apple watch*
- Monthly team dinners and activities
- Work in the coolest office in London
- Capital Award in Fueled Ventures equity plan based on employee rank and tenure
See Inside the Office of Fueled
Fueled is a product-driven venture-development firm that works with a range of startups and big brands to create compelling, successful, award-winning apps and websites. The company's mission is to help entrepreneurs—whether solo or part of a 1000-person company—build and scale their businesses, helping people perfect and realize their visions for digital products. A lean, tenacious machine, Fueled is powered by 85 of the sharpest, most passionate people to be found.
Back to top