Senior Creative Developer
What We're Up To
Fueled is a product-driven venture-development firm that works with a range of startups and big brands to create compelling, successful, award-winning apps and websites. Our mission is to help entrepreneurs, whether solo or part of a thousand-person company, build and scale their business. We help people perfect and realize their visions for digital products. Other mercenary developers just churn out what a client asks for, while we strive to truly understand the problems our clients are aiming to solve and stop at nothing to build solid products that present the optimal solution. We are a lean, tenacious machine powered by 85 of the sharpest, most passionate people we could find. Check us out at fueled.com/SrCreativeDeveloper.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Creating responsive designs for websites and web/mobile applications.
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge in front end web coding including HTML5, CSS3, jQuery and PHP.
- Being actively involved in creative user interface solutions through front-end development.
- Maintaining and pushing the agency benchmark for quality of work output for existing and new clients.
- Being adaptive and always striving to step out of your comfort zone and experiment in new disciplines.
- Being comfortable in client facing situations to carry out face-to-face meetings and calls.
- Being responsible for the day-to-day management of sub team members, progress, and deadlines.
- Working with the Production Department and other members of the Design Department.
- Reporting directly to the Creative Director.
- Being involved in Senior management meetings to discuss team-wide and industry-related topics.
The Ideal Candidate
- 5+ years of front end development experience, preferably in an agency environment (client-side).
- Experience in overseeing teams and running regular code reviews.
- Familiarity with Django, PHP, Drupal, .NET, and mobile application development.
- Experience integrating HTML-based content with other 3rd party environments (i.e. Content Management Systems).
- Experience with Git, either in the command line or using a GUI.
- Experience with Sketch, as well as the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with bug tracking systems such as Pivotal Tracker or Jira.
- A solid understanding of core Computer Science fundamentals, including object-oriented design and development.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure and scalability.
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and strong time management & problem solving capabilities.
- A knack for collaborating, sharing your thoughts on problems, and working through them to discover the best solution.
- The capability to accurately execute design work into code whilst forming exciting user journeys using appropriate and creative end user experience techniques.
Perks and Salary
- 21 days holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- Annual performance bonuses
- Biannual meetups/trips abroad
- 27" iMac to work from when in the office
- Your very own Apple watch (sports edition after successful 3-month probationary period)
- Monthly team dinners and activities
- Work in the coolest office in London
- As part of our Phantom Equity Program, Fueled U.K. employees have collective ownership of the Fueled Ventures equity portfolio; ownership is based on employee rank and tenure
See Inside the Office of Fueled
Fueled is a product-driven venture-development firm that works with a range of startups and big brands to create compelling, successful, award-winning apps and websites. The company's mission is to help entrepreneurs—whether solo or part of a 1000-person company—build and scale their businesses, helping people perfect and realize their visions for digital products. A lean, tenacious machine, Fueled is powered by 85 of the sharpest, most passionate people to be found.
Back to top