Be an Innovative Change Agent
Are you passionate experienced full-stack Web Development Engineer comfortable working in a fast-paced and inventive environment?
At FTD we continually evolve the business--hyper-focused on customer experience! We have and are advancing a culture where solutions from the technology group will help transform our lines of business through customer-meaningful solutions, innovative technologies and business-impacting projects.
We are seeking front end developer and designer who treats development as a craft, who takes great pride of their work in both technical and business contribution. This is highly visible position that will be part of growing team building innovative, B2B customer-facing software on multi-tiered platform for our florist business and will work alongside technology leaders in the Department to offer a true challenge and an intriguing opportunity for those that thrive in a transformational environment.
What You Will Contribute:
Build and evolve high performance, architecturally sound, and scalable systems to support the current and future demands on our robust ecommerce platform.
- Partner with your self-organizing agile team members and your product owner (PO) to translate business needs into workable technology solutions with minimal technical debt.
- High quality work in both the UI design and front end development spaces of our web application platform, automation framework, or other technology areas as needed.
- Guidance to rapidly grow less experienced team members via mentorship and coaching including team in our India office.
- Interact closely with the business, engineering peers, and leadership to understand the business objectives and provide technical and non-technical solutions to business problems.
- Help us serve our florist customers by build a better technical solution for them.
What we offer:
- An environment of positive change--where you can truly make a difference for a company going through a major positive digital transformation.
- The blending of cultures across multiple cities and 3 continents where you can be part of helping shape our future
- A "flat" organization where you will spend time with business leaders, managers, developers, scrum masters, product management and executive leadership
- Perfect place to grow and bring digital transformation. Needless to say, such a high-powered, fast paced work environment offers an equally fast-paced path to grow in your career.
- Career opportunities! Those that have positive impact, with a positive approach, have a very bright future as we change, grow, expand and explore new and exciting experiences for our global customer base
What we seek:
- 3+ years of front end development and UI design experience with 2+ years within complex projects and business solutions
- Understanding of optimizing page design and delivery for high performance and User Experience
- Knowledge of interactive design principles and cross-browser development techniques
- Sharp analytical abilities, problem solving techniques, proven design skills and a track record of delivery
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
Come join our team and be part of an exciting transformation! While you are part of the office of technology, you will have a broader impact on the overall growth of the business.
Come give FTD a look! This position will be based in Downers Grove, IL. We are an incredibly open and welcoming company--come join our family!
FTD Companies is a global premier floral and gifting company with a vision to be the leading and most trusted floral and gifting company in the world. We provide floral, specialty foods, gift and related products and services to consumers, retail florists, and other retail locations and companies in need of floral and gifting solutions.
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top