VP, Strategic Sourcing
VP, Strategic Sourcing
FTD Companies seeks a VP of Strategic Sourcing for its growing brands. This role, based in San Diego, CA will report to Executive Vice President of Operations. The ideal candidate is a visionary people leader who is passionate about redefining the floral marketplace. This position is responsible for leading all global procurement efforts to efficiently and effectively enable business units and functional partners to maximize the value they receive from suppliers to meet their objectives. The VP will work with each business unit to lead centralized direct and indirect sourcing and procurement efforts. This will include setting objectives and performance metrics, implementing a systematic program of measurement and analysis around the factors that affect sourcing and procurement success. This role is accountable for: supply analysis/strategy, supplier identification, sourcing execution (i.e., “tendering”), contract negotiation, and monitoring, purchase execution, and then ongoing performance management and improvement.
- Creation and ongoing value creation with a world class supply base
- Development of organizational procurement strategy
- Management of sustainable programs with suppliers
- Identification and realization of cost-saving and cost-reduction opportunities
- Management of procurement staff in (and across) sourcing, contracting, transactional purchasing, supplier management, and miscellaneous internal procurement support activities
- Creation and management of short, mid, and long term goals and objectives
- Creation and improvement of best-practice based processes (e.g., leadership of high-value/strategic sourcing efforts)
- Selection and management of procurement systems
- Creating a talent management process in coordination with HR to ensure that the right resources are in place
- Managing the skills and competency development of procurement staff, including training development and knowledge management capabilities
- Leadership of cross-functional teaming across other business functions and initiatives
- Budget management for categories under management — and for procurement itself
- Development of benchmarks and scorecards to be used for continuous improvement
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration in Business, Supply Chain, or other similar area (or MBA).
- Organizational agility and strong communication and leadership skills including ability to shepherd projects through the organization, across the supply chain
- Must have experience in floral, food, perishables, or grocery or related consumer goods and/or a proven track record of delivering large savings and other value to large swaths of spend
- Very strong analytical and quantitative skills and the ability to use data to influence critical business decisions and priorities
- Fluency in English and Spanish highly desired
FTD Companies, Inc. (Nasdaq:FTD) is the largest gifting company in the world. Through our diversified family of brands, we provide floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. We also provide floral products and services to retail florists and other retail locations throughout these same geographies. FTD has been delivering flowers since 1910 and the highly-recognized FTD® and Interflora® brands are supported by the iconic Mercury Man logo which is displayed in nearly 40,000 floral shops in approximately 150 countries. Our diversified portfolio of brands also includes the following trademarks: ProFlowers®, Shari’s Berries®, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Flying Flowers, Flowers Direct, Drake Algar, Sincerely and Gifts.com.
For more information about our portfolio of brands, we invite you to visit www.FTDCompanies.com.
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top