VP, Sourcing and Procurement
The VP, Sourcing and Procurement will develop and lead results-oriented sourcing and procurement strategies including defining, communicating, and driving results. Set objectives and performance metrics, implementing a systematic program of measurement and analysis around the factors that affect sourcing and procurement success.
This role will drive sourcing approach, supplier qualification and selection processes, negotiation, and the fundamentals of procurement execution. Act as champion for Sourcing, leading cross-functional initiatives to support the company’s major strategic goal of reducing costs while improving customer satisfaction.
Serve on Operations department leadership team, directly influencing results across Operations. Work cross-functionally to ensure alignment and drive results, specifically including: Suppliers, Quality, Finance, Marketing, Merchandising, Customer Service, and Operations teams. Conducts significant analytical and quantitative “deep dives” into supply chain data and customer feedback to help drive improvements across the company. Maintains a high level of service to internal customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct responsibility for the procurement of high quality, low cost products including all aspects of supplier selection and management, price negotiation and cost forecasting, product quality, supply chain development, as well as team management and ongoing development.
- Development and management of company-wide Sourcing and Procurement management strategies, direction, teams including the definition of key process measures supporting company goals.
- Champion the development, and oversee on-going management of Sourcing and Procurement measurement systems and processes, to include the systematic capture and analysis of factors that ultimately improve results.
- Coordinate and project manage company-wide initiatives to achieve the Sourcing and Procurement goals.
- Bring significant, measurable, and repeatable results in cost reduction, product quality improvement, and supply growth/capacity.
- Provide insight through analysis and research from both a strategic and tactical viewpoint. Relentlessly investigate and analyze biggest drivers of supplier defects, with a refusal to take data on face value that cannot be validated through direct observation and primary data collection methods. Clarify and prioritize areas of opportunity for the business.
- Work across the supply chain to leverage both internal and external sources of expertise to identify and implement best practice processes in the areas of supplier operations, quality assurance, redistribution, transportation, and fulfillment operations. Drive results.
- Lead food safety roadmap and cross-functional “food safety board”, including development and ongoing rollout of agreed top priorities. Ensure food safety and regulatory compliance.
- Counsel company on alignment of the procurement, quality, planning and logistics organization’s activities (including resources outside your direct control) with company-wide Sourcing and Procurement improvement strategy.
- Maintain productive working relationships with all functions, particularly Supply Chain Operations, Customer Service, Marketing, Merchandising, and Finance. Work in concert with peers in other business units to bring and share best practices in support of the company’s objectives.
- Oversee pipeline, prioritization and execution of the New Product Introduction process.
- Continually identify and develop talent, team capabilities, and growth.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration in Business, Supply Chain, or other similar area (or MBA).
- Organizational agility and strong communication and leadership skills including ability to shepherd projects through the organization, across the supply chain.
- Must have experience in floral, food, perishables, or grocery or related consumer goods
- Excellent listening skills and ability to have positive interactions with co-workers. Should be comfortable interacting with and leveraging diverse groups to bring results
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects with conflicting priorities, drive for results, customer focus, data driven, energy / capacity to work in a fast paced environment.
- Very strong analytical and quantitative skills and the ability to use data to influence critical business decisions and priorities.
- 15+ years directly relevant business experience with a track record of measurable success.
- Proven skills managing international suppliers and supply base as well as high profile product quality management operations, prior responsibility for >US$100M annual spend.
- Passion for and intellectual curiosity to understand customer needs and behavior that drive our business.
- Proven experience managing against competing goals.
- Strong capability and interest in working in the process improvement discipline, with superior analytical skills, a passion for researching and solving problems, and ability to derive accurate conclusions from significant data.
- Previous TQM, SPC, Six Sigma, and Continuous Process Improvement experience required, process consulting experience preferred.
- Exceptional relationship building skills with strong ability to influence others.
- Willingness to travel to facilitate the collection of primary data throughout the supply chain.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills are required, including ability to develop compelling PowerPoint presentations.
- Fluency in English and Spanish highly desired.
Back to top