FTD Companies is searching for a Vice President of Fulfillment for its growing group of brands. This role, based in San Diego, CA will report to the Executive Vice President of Operations. The ideal candidate will provide input to Strategic & Operational planning activities and is an advocate of COGS reduction effort and quality improvement via distribution operations, manufacturing & supply chain improvements within FTD’s fulfillment and manufacturing operations. He/she will manage the distribution and manufacturing strategy to support multiple products and outsourcing requirements. This position requires the analysis of broad and complex issues and the formulation and execution of strategies to ensure that deadlines and priorities for product delivery to customers are met in a cost effective manner.
- Manage multiple internal and external fulfillment and manufacturing sites
- Responsible for meeting financial targets (key measurements and benchmarks include ROC, COGS, conversion, distribution & inventory costs
- Provides leadership, supports, motivates, directs and retains high caliber staff
- Promotes “total customer satisfaction” (delivery, quality etc.) within all Operations teams
- Identifies and solves critical operational problems.
- Develop Operations strategies, fiscal Operating plans and budgets, departmental goals & objectives etc.
- Determines departmental staffing requirements as part of Operational planning/budgeting.
- Direct the company’s product line operations to achieve optimum performance, quality and cost.
- Initiate advanced manufacturing and logistics programs in anticipation of the business environment
- Lead the development, acquisition, and validation of new processes for distribution, manufacturing, and logistics to meet business goals.
- Define information systems requirements to support process improvements initiates.
- Integrate the technology, quality, purchasing and logistics functions to support product and process excellence.
- Provide leadership in the development of an effective organization and its members
- Ensures financial targets are met.
- Responsible for establishing approved objectives, plans and budgets for each of the divisions
- Creating a talent and labor management process in coordination with HR to ensure that the right resources are in place
- Develop standard operating procedures and best practices in terms of material management, outsourcing and contract manufacturer’s performance monitoring in order to optimize quality and delivery time.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration in Business, Supply Chain, or other similar area (or MBA).
- Organizational agility and strong communication and leadership skills including ability to shepherd projects through the organization, across the supply chain
- Must have experience in floral, food, perishables, or grocery or related consumer goods
- Proven track record of operating multiple, large distribution/fulfillment centers and manufacturing plants (10+ years’ experience preferred)
- Very strong analytical and quantitative skills and the ability to use data to influence critical business decisions and priorities
- Willing to travel 65% of the time throughout North America
FTD Companies, Inc. (Nasdaq:FTD) is the largest gifting company in the world. Through our diversified family of brands, we provide floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. We also provide floral products and services to retail florists and other retail locations throughout these same geographies. FTD has been delivering flowers since 1910 and the highly-recognized FTD® and Interflora® brands are supported by the iconic Mercury Man logo which is displayed in nearly 40,000 floral shops in approximately 150 countries. Our diversified portfolio of brands also includes the following trademarks: ProFlowers®, Shari’s Berries®, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Flying Flowers, Flowers Direct, Drake Algar, Sincerely and Gifts.com.
For more information about our portfolio of brands, we invite you to visit www.FTDCompanies.com.
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top