Vice President, Financial Operations
Are you a financial leader interested in contributing to a fast-paced and collaborative environment focused on driving results for customers?
At FTD (NASDAQ:FTD) we continually evolve the business by promoting a culture where solutions help transform our lines of business through meaningful customer solutions, innovative technologies and business-impacting projects.
The Vice President, Financial Operations is accountable for partnering with business and functional to positively influencing business outcomes. This role will collaborate with senior leadership to develop operational strategies and drive the execution of strategies into actionable/measurable business plans. The position is responsible for providing overall finance leadership and P&L accountability for FTD Companies, Inc.'s U.S. Floral and Gifting segments. This position requires strong partnership with comprehensive business management, strategy, communication, and business acumen along with attributes of high energy, integrity, accountability, change agility and professionalism.
What You Will Contribute:
Business Partnership, Strategy
- Partner with other functional areas to develop and execute appropriate strategies to achieve long and short term profit goals.
- Team with business partners to maximize revenue opportunities and mitigate risk to achieve or exceed growth objectives.
- Provide decision support and develop business cases for business partners, including pricing strategy, marketing initiatives, margin analytics and others.
Financial Acumen, Goal Development, Execution
- Analyze risks and opportunities to drive actions and decisions to meet plan goals. Provide financial leadership, training and guidance to build financial acumen to improve business results and business decision making skills.
- Own the forecasting process and use it as a means to drive business decisions that deliver on our financial commitments.
- Effectively present business results and plan performance to leadership, providing insights and analysis of performance drivers.
- Lead development and implementation of appropriate analytical tools and data to drive improved growth and margin improvement. Highly analytic.
- Partner to develop, analyze, prioritize and execute upon capital deployment plans in support of the strategic plan.
- Partner with the eCommerce trading teams to make timely and financial astute marketing and pricing decisions.
- Implement post-implementation business case tracking and reporting to ensure associated benefits are recognized as a result of the investment.
- Develop working capital and key performance metrics to maximize operating income, revenue growth, cash flow and ROIC.
Leadership and Talent
- Provide strategic direction and personal leadership, management and oversight of the finance team.
- Manage and develop staff, build bench strength and promote talent across the organization. Deliver exceptional coaching and mentoring, to assure talent development and engagement.
- Develop and lead an effective finance organization that enables new process development and on-going support.
- Comfortable interacting with the Board of Directors and C-Level Executives.
- Maintain and support a robust and effective internal control environment.
- Provide the controller function support and improve upon the quality and effectiveness of internal controls through implementation of policies and procedures and development of the business culture and processes.. Effectively manage / eliminate control deficiencies.
- Interpret, implement, and/or maintain divisional and corporate financial policies, practices and procedures, including provision of effective controls and audit capabilities to ensure conformance to generally accepted accounting principles and Sarbanes Oxley.
What We Seek:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA strongly preferred.
- Extensive experience (at least 15+ years) in the finance/financial operations function, prior CFO experience preferred.
- Experience in eCommerce (including online marketing); small to medium size businesses preferred.
- Ability to serve as a senior business partner and advisor, influence across the organization on business issues and drive change to make business more effective. Demonstrated capability in linking business strategy to financial performance.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to translate data and financial information into strategies to drive business results.
- Proven experience in managing teams including providing direction, understanding resource capability and successfully driving results through direct reports and other business partners.
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top