Be an Innovative Change Agent
Are you a Unix Lead or a Unix Manager comfortable working in a fast-paced and inventive environment?
At FTD we continually evolve the business—hyper-focused on customer experience! We have and are advancing a culture where solutions from the technology group will help transform our lines of business through customer-meaningful solutions, innovative technologies and business-impacting projects.
We are seeking an innovative game changer: a creative problem solving manager equally comfortable with the needs of the business and a continually evolving technology group. This is a highly challenging and an intriguing opportunity for those that thrive in a transformational environment.
What You Will Contribute:
- Manage the goal setting process, performance reviews, and other personnel management duties for the team.
- Coach, mentor, motivate, and supervise team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Work closely with stakeholders and internal customers to understand project priorities and requirements, and to provide support for the business.
- Ensure the teams meet the service metrics established for the IT support teams.
- Ensure that FTD’s access controls are properly implemented and maintained; work with Finance to validate those controls on a quarterly basis.
- Manage vendor contracts (hardware, licenses) and aid in purchasing decisions to meet budgeted numbers.
- Manage multiple projects with a focus on timely delivery and adherence to budget and feature-functionality targets.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve support and project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
What we offer:
- An environment of positive change—where you can truly make a difference
- The blending of cultures across multiple cities and 3 continents where you can be part of helping shape our future
- Lines of business and a technology organization ready to embrace your role and the business value it brings
- A “flat” organization where you will spend time with business leaders, managers, developers, product management and executive leadership
- Career opportunities! Those that have positive impact, with a positive approach, have a very bright future as we change, grow, expand and explore new and exciting experiences for our global customer base
What we seek:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred; minimum of 3 years of management experience in a software development organization preferred.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to set the strategy and objectives that drive results.
- Proven management and decision-making capabilities
- Experience with Sox and PCI security standards is a plus
- Extensive experience with infrastructure design, implementation and troubleshooting of large VMware ESX and Virtual center environments hosting diverse server workloads
- Excellent communication skills. Using verbal and written methods, possesses ability to facilitate and bridge communication between business and technology.
- Technical understanding and experience leading teams using the following technologies:
- Use of Unix Shell and scripting languages such as BASH, Python, and Perl
- Experience with configuration management systems, SaltStack, Puppet or Ansible
- Oracle RAC, MySQL and SQL Server Databases
- Oracle SPARC based servers, Oracle x86, HP, Dell. Cisco UCS and VMWare
- Solaris 10, 11, Red Hat, Centos, Oracle Linux, and VMware ESX or Xen Hypervisors
- Understanding and use of enterprise SAN technology and infrastructure.
Come join our team and be part of an exciting transformation! While you are part of the office of technology, you will have a broader impact on the overall growth of the business.
Come give FTD a look! This position will be based in Downers Grove, IL. We are an incredibly open and welcoming company—come join our family!
FTD Companies is a global premier floral and gifting company with a vision to be the leading and most trusted floral and gifting company in the world. We provide floral, specialty foods, gift and related products and services to consumers, retail florists, and other retail locations and companies in need of floral and gifting solutions.
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top