FTD Companies is a global premier floral and gifting company with a vision to be the leading and most trusted floral and gifting company in the world. We provide floral, specialty foods, gift and related products and services to consumers, retail florists, and other retail locations and companies in need of floral and gifting solutions.
We are seeking a Temporary Part Time (20 -- 25 hours a week) Graphic Designer for our Shari's Berries Brand. In this role you will be responsible for creating assets in support of our seasonal marketing campaigns across all of our channels: web site, email, display ads, and some print work. We're looking for people who can push the boundaries of the brand and help us to execute and deliver great work in a timely manner. Passion for design, typography, attention to detail, experience with fast-paced ecommerce brands and, ideally, food products and the ability to inspire others is key to this role. The qualified candidate must be organized and have experience working independently, managing their time and assignments in a fast-paced, deadline sensitive and detail-driven environment. This position will report directly to the Creative Director.
What you will contribute:
- Graphic design and production asset execution across multiple mediums based on seasonal style guides
- Work directly with internal clients to understand their goals and contribute creative solutions
- Prioritize and manage a diverse workload
- Keep up with design, lifestyle, food and sweets, decor, fashion and gifting trends
- Contribute ideas for campaigns, social media and creative led projects.
- Elevate the aesthetic and push the boundaries of the brand
- Execution Focused: Ability to bring the seasonal campaign vision to successful execution across site, display media and email channels.
- Team Player: Commitment to team and business success and successful relationships with peers, leaders, and internal business partners.
- Adaptability: Flexible and able to maintain perspective and cope effectively while juggling multiple objectives in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
- Proactive: Brings and pitches ideas to the creative director and internal and external clients.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Very well organized, with exceptional attention to detail.
What we offer:
- Exciting opportunity to be a part of our Creative Team for Shari's Berries at FTD
- Enjoy all the benefits of working for a publicly traded company (stock purchase plan, flexible hours and a healthy vacation plan).
- A relaxed work environment (shorts and sandals always welcome, onsite gym with classes).
- The blending of cultures across multiple cities and 3 continents where you can be part of helping shape our future.
What we seek:
- Mid-level Design experience working with both digital and print -- 2 to 3 years
- Available to work on site 20-25 hours a week during Core Business Hours M-F
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop
- Knowledge of InDesign and Illustrator
- A deep understanding and passion for the fundamental design discipline and principles
- Ability to execute clean, modern design
- Solid experience with typography, composition, color and image optimization
- Experience designing emails, display ads, site landing pages and print direct mail pieces
- A strong design sense and contemporary aesthetic
- Ability to translate verbal direction into sophisticated, exciting & communicative designs is a plus
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to work on rapid development projects as well as longer-term projects
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest technologies and web standards
- Willingness to do production work necessary to complete vision
- Smart communicator
Come join our team and be part of an exciting transformation! While you are part of the office of Merchandising, you will have a broader impact on the overall growth of the business. Consider joining one of the few companies outside of Silicon Valley able to offer development of a high-traffic ecommerce platform receiving upwards of 40K customer purchases an hour.
Come give FTD a look! This position will be based in San Diego, CA. We are an incredibly open and welcoming company--come join our family!
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top