Position Description: This position description provides the minimum job requirements as additional duties may be assigned by supervisors. The requirements listed are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities to qualify for the position. This job description is not a contract and does not change the employment "at will" relationship. FTD reserves its right to amend the job description at any time at its discretion.
Purpose of Position: The Tax Accountant is responsible for the preparation of property tax, sales and use tax and all other miscellaneous tax returns, as well as assisting in the preparation of the federal, state and local income tax returns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare non-income tax returns, including property tax, sales tax, and other non-tax filings.
- Support the income tax group in the preparation of federal, state, and local income tax returns through the preparation of apportionment and other relevant data which will be used to prepare the federal, state and local income tax returns.
- Oversee the sales and use tax and other miscellaneous tax audits.
- Coordinate with the income tax group to organize and maintain tax files.
- Participate in or direct other various tax and non-tax related projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field; or equivalent work experience, minimum of three years of experience in an accounting department using automated accounting systems.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, with demonstrated ability to perform detailed work.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business issues as they relate to sales, property, income and other miscellaneous tax areas.
- Experience using tax software accounting systems.
- Proficient computer skills in MS office including Word and Excel.
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top