Systems Administrator, MS Dynamics (AX)
Systems Administrator, Microsoft Dynamics AX
FTD Companies, Inc. is the largest gifting company in the world and we are seeking a Systems Administrator for our dynamic growing team. We partner with cross-functional teams to build high performance, architecturally sound and scalable systems that align to the needs of FTD’s ever-changing business.
The Microsoft Dynamics AX Systems Administrator is primarily responsible for the day-to-day management of the operating systems and servers running FTD’s systems and/or corporate assets with a focus on stability, uptime, performance and security. The Systems Administrator will assist in the planning of and deployment of upgrades and expansion of software and hardware. The Systems Administrator will coordinate his/her activities with other technology staff, including DBAs, networking and the application development teams to complete projects and help manage customer and stakeholder expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for daily administration of the client facing line of business tools and systems, including installation, upgrades, troubleshooting, patching, backup and recovery.
- Pilot and implementation of new technology and systems to optimize the end user experience
- Prioritize and coordinate the usage of cross-team resources for projects or work assignments.
- Provide input for the design, architecture and implementation these projects.
- Project resource for systems/network projects that require Systems Engineering involvement.
- Interface with other IT teams to escalate issues that impact users
- Participate in setting the direction of the PRVD technology environment.
- Drive enhancements on back end systems that impact user community.
- Assist in the monitoring and management of day-to-day ERP activities.
- Perform administrative tasks, including but not limited to: prepare configuration documentation, keep asset database up to date and accurate, document issues and resolution, follow up with users.
- Contribute in the design, implementation, monitoring and maintenance of our platforms and systems
- Document new procedures and provide work-flow diagrams.
- Provide outstanding customer service. Complete tickets within established SLAs. Enter detailed notes for ticket resolution.
- Ability to use computer and key board for extended periods of time
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX, ADFS (or any single sign-on solution) and CITRIX
- Functional knowledge of Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop, and Netscaler
- Experience with full life cycle MS Dynamics implementations and upgrades.
- Experience building/imaging/configuring/testing/supporting Microsoft Server OS
- Experience with server and desktop virtualization.
- Patch management applications including hands on experience with patch deployment.
- Ability to review data from multiple sources in order to provide analysis and appropriate action.
- Active Directory and MS Exchange systems and administration
- MCSA/MCSE/CompTIA Linux+/RHCE or equivalent experience
- 5+ years Windows or Linux administration, configuration, and system level support experience.
- Strong understanding of Windows or Linux systems and network security concepts.
- Keen understanding on networking essentials and current Internet technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze, quantify and resolve complex issues in a
- Strong written and oral communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to handle a high-stress and dynamic environment.
- Excellent creative thinking/problem solving ability
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or related field
- Experience in retail VM environments a plus.
- Experience in ecommerce environments a plus.
- Microsoft Operating System certification (MCP or greater).Through our diversified family of brands, we provide floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. We also provide floral products and services to retail florists and other retail locations throughout these same geographies. FTD has been delivering flowers since 1910 and the highly-recognized FTD® and Interflora® brands are supported by the iconic Mercury Man logo which is displayed in nearly 40,000 floral shops in approximately 150 countries. Our diversified portfolio of brands also includes the following trademarks: ProFlowers®, Shari’s Berries®, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Flying Flowers, Flowers Direct, Drake Algar, Sincerely and Gifts.com. The FTD Vision Statement: To be the leading and most trusted floral and gifting company in the world. The FTD Mission Statement: To inspire, support and delight our customers when expressing life’s most important sentiments.
Back to top