Support Engineer -- San Diego
Be An Innovative Change Agent
Are you a Support Engineer comfortable working in a fast-paced and inventive environment?
At FTD we continually evolve the business--hyper-focused on customer experience! We have and are advancing a culture where solutions from the technology group will help transform our lines of business through customer-meaningful solutions, innovative technologies and business-impacting projects
We are seeking an innovative game changer: a creative problem solving support engineer equally comfortable with the needs of the business and a continually evolving technology group. This highly visible position reports to the Manager, IT Service Center to offer a true challenge and an intriguing opportunity for those that thrive in a transformational environment.
What You Will Contribute:
- Provide tier II support of IT assets at all Provide Commerce locations.
- Respond to user submitted trouble tickets.
- Setup, configure, install, move, and/or deliver client computer systems, WMS devices and printers.
- Operate within established Service Level Agreements.
- Take steps to maintain a secure network environment. Respond to virus/malware threats.
- Troubleshoot various connectivity issues with local and remote employees.
- Perform administrative tasks, including but not limited to: prepare configuration documentation, keep asset database up to date and accurate, document issues and resolution, follow up with users.
- Maintain and service multifunction print devices.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new hardware and software to meet end users' computing needs.
- Prepare clear, concise reports, which accurately describe the problem call, diagnosis, response time and resolution.
- Update desktop image library as needed.
- Train end-users to operate hardware/software effectively and in line with industry best practices.
- Document new procedures and provide work-flow diagrams.
What we offer:
- An environment of positive change--where you can truly make a difference
- The blending of cultures across multiple cities and 3 continents where you can be part of helping shape our future
- Lines of business and a technology organization ready to embrace your role and the business value it brings
- A "flat" organization where you will spend time with business leaders, managers, developers, scrum masters, product management and executive leadership
- Career opportunities! Those that have positive impact, with a positive approach, have a very bright future as we change, grow, expand and explore new and exciting experiences for our global customer base
What we seek:
- Five years' experience building/imaging/configuring/testing/supporting MAC OS (Casper), Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 7, Server 2008 and installing peripheral hardware devices.
- Proficient with Windows 7 including deployment, best practices, and end user education.
- Five years' experience installing and supporting Microsoft Office 2010 and 2016.
- Five years' experience dealing with inside and outside customers in a technical support role.
- Two years' experience with desktop virtualization including ESX, VMware View, Citrix XenApp, and Citrix XenDesktop.
- Drive Imaging technologies, image creation and best practices.
- Patch management applications including hands on experience with patch deployment.
- Antivirus experience at the management console level.
- Strong knowledge of various internet topologies (T1/DSL/Cable etc).
- Ability to review data from multiple sources in order to provide analysis and appropriate action.
- The candidate must have excellent phone and written skills and have the ability to translate a complex problem into a simpler language for the customer and vice versa.
- Microsoft Operating System certification (MCP or greater).
- CompTIA A+ certification.
- Active Directory and MS Exchange systems and administration.
- Wireless networks (802.11 a/b/g/n; WPA, WPA2, WEP; AES, TKIP).
- Familiarity with network cabling, termination and testing.
- You have many of the soft skills we need to advance forward quickly: Flexibility, creative problem solving, confident presence in writing and speaking, willingness to learn / grow / and most importantly a very positive approach We want to have FUN!
- You are very organized--keeping several balls in the air and excellent at follow-up
- Business acumen--you will be immersed in the lines of business. But also experience being the bridge between business lines and the engineering departments. Helping resolve positive conflict
Come join our team and be part of an exciting transformation! While you are part of the office of technology, you will have a broader impact on the overall growth of the business.
Come give FTD a look! This position will be based in San Diego, CA. We are an incredibly open and welcoming company--come join our family!
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top