Supply Chain Analyst
This position description provides the minimum job requirements as additional duties may be assigned by supervisors. The requirements listed are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities to qualify for the position. This job description is not a contract and does not change the employment "at will" relationship. FTD reserves its right to amend the job description at any time at its discretion.
The Supply Chain Analyst is responsible for participating in the identification, evaluation, and implementation of supply chain process improvement programs to drive cost savings, improve internal operations, and enhance customer experience. The Supply Chain Analyst will also develop, adapt and maintain performance reporting tools, carry out analytical and quantitative "deep dives", as well as routine reporting of supply chain data to help drive improvements across the company. Creation of and maintenance of various dashboards and seasonal trackers to uncover opportunities that translate to top line growth and bottom line profitability will also be required.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, reverse engineer, maintain, update, and enhance critical tools, reports, and decision support systems for the Supply Chain.
- Work with business users to develop, analyze and measure KPIs to make recommendations for improvements that will cut costs and/or improve processes
- Ability to manage projects throughout entire process from developing specifications all the way to training end users through structured task management and diligence
- Maintain productive working relationships with all functions including Planning & Logistics, Operations, Quality Assurance, Consumer Insights, Customer Service, Procurement, Marketing / Merchandising, and Finance
- Support Supply Chain projects and programs
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business Analytics, Mathematics, or other quantitative field.
- Two years of experience in data acquisition, analysis, modeling, and reporting required, preferably in supply chain.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills (quantitative and qualitative), business acumen and insight; with the ability to understand and synthesize data from various sources and work around data limitations to form impactful recommendations for supply chain improvements.
- Ability to present information in a clear and concise format to all levels of the organization.
- Passion for and intellectual curiosity to understand customer needs and behavior that drive our business.
- Advanced Excel, Access, and SQL required.
- Basic knowledge of SAS and Cognos strongly desired.
- Ability to learn new software and reverse engineer existing processes and tools.
- Supply Chain systems and processes experience strongly desired.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top