Sr Solutions Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Are you a senior developer comfortable working in a fast-paced and inventive environment?
At FTD we continually evolve the business--hyper-focused on customer experience! We have and are advancing a culture where solutions from the technology group will help transform our lines of business through customer-meaningful solutions, innovative technologies and business-impacting projects.
We are seeking an innovative game changer: a creative problem solving individual equally comfortable working with a collaborative, cross-functional team to build high performance, architecturally sound, scalable systems that align with our business needs Our engineers partner with the business to translate their business needs into workable technology solutions using a hands-on approach throughout all aspects of the SDLC in an Agile environment producing high-level designs, task plans and detailed technical work. We seek an engineer with the ability and interest in working on a broad range of different projects who loves to write code, is excited about building things, and is passionate about robust software design
What You Will Contribute:
- Participate with a cross-functional team (technical & non-technical members) on highly visible strategic projects and/or work independently as needed
- Interact closely with business and Information Technology in understanding business processes and proposing technical as well as non-technical solutions for business problems
- Become a go-to person for technical understanding of the platform
- Play a pivotal role in driving engineering initiatives
- Actively work with the architects and managers in continuously improving SDLC process and the efficiency and effectiveness of the engineering team
- Participate in any other duties assigned from time to time.
- Mentor other developers to help grow their software development skillsets.
- Document software design specifications when appropriate
- You are capable of dealing with rapid schedules, constant evolving business environments and excellent with juggling multiple responsibilities
What we offer:
- An environment of positive change--where you can truly make a difference
- The blending of cultures across multiple cities and 3 continents where you can be part of helping shape our future
- Lines of business and a technology organization ready to embrace your role and the business value it brings
- A "flat" organization where you will spend time with business leaders, managers, developers, product management and executive leadership
- Career opportunities! Those that have positive impact, with a positive approach, have a very bright future as we change, grow, expand and explore new and explore new and exciting experiences for our global customer base
What we seek:
- Experience developing solutions with MVC.NET Framework
- Agile / Scrum methodologies a plus.
- An understanding of tiered distributed systems; knowledge of e-commerce business and fulfillment business processes a plus.
- Experience working with the business in defining solutions is a plus.
- Sharp analytical abilities, problem solving techniques, proven design skills and a track record of delivery.
- Excellent written communication and verbal agility.
- Experience in dealing with cross-team dependencies, rapid schedules and a constant evolving business environment.
- Proactive, motivated and able to work in teams.
- Excellent at juggling multiple responsibilities and tasks at a given time, and prioritizing those items so that your time is used efficiently.
- Effective communicator, presenting facts not feelings and balancing business goals with engineering goals.
- Take pride in being accountable, take ownership of outstanding issues, and establish a high level of credibility with others in the organization.
- A College degree preferably in engineering or computer science or relevant experience in technologies listed a plus.
Come join our team and be part of an exciting transformation! While you are part of the office of technology, you will have a broader impact on the overall growth of the business.
Come give FTD a look! This position will be based in San Diego, CA. We are an incredibly open and welcoming company--come join our family!
FTD Companies is a global premier floral and gifting company with a vision to be the leading and most trusted floral and gifting company in the world. We provide floral, specialty foods, gift and related products and services to consumers, retail florists, and other retail locations and companies in need of floral and gifting solutions.
FTD Companies, Inc. is a premier floral and gifting company. Through our diversified family of brands, we provide floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. We also provide floral products and services to retail florists and other retail locations throughout these same geographies. Our diversified portfolio of brands includes the following trademarks: Interflora, ProFlowers®, Shari's Berries®, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely and Gifts.com.
FTD's mission is to inspire, support and delight our customers when expressing life's most important sentiments. We strive to be the leading and most trusted floral and gifting company in the world.
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top