Sr. QA | Automation Engineer
Sr. Quality Assurance – Automation Engineer
FTD is looking for a motivated and passionate Sr. Quality Assurance/Automation Engineer to be a part of a talented and fun-loving cross-functional team responsible for several critical technology areas of our $1.3B industry-leading ecommerce platform. The ideal candidate will have a successful background in working with complex systems spanning across teams and locations, and have the ability to see how pieces of the puzzle fit together to create a fast-growing agile ecosystem.
If this is you, we have a spot for you in one of the few companies outside of Silicon Valley able to offer development of a high-traffic ecommerce platform receiving upwards of 40K customer purchases an hour. We want to talk to you.
In this QA role, the resource will be expected to take a leadership role and exhibit overall ownership over assuring a high level of quality in the strategy, processes, best practices, and execution of work done by the team. This position requires a strong team player and self-starter who is flexible, shows initiative and uses creativity to meet challenges in a fast paced QA environment. The QA engineer should be knowledgeable and passionate about automated software validation and have the drive to continuously improve the software quality while reducing the overhead of software validation across multiple teams.
- Will interact closely with the business, engineering peers, and leadership to understand the business objectives and provide technical and non-technical solutions to business problems
- Will be a key player in the processes, technologies, strategy, and techniques which enable their team to produce business value by solving highly visible strategic projects with minimal technical debt
- Ensure that manual and automation test cases are captured and executed every sprint
- Provide detailed defect information through the issue tracking system guiding development engineers through steps to reproduce severity, impact, etc.
- Lead processes to ensure that quality tasks undertaken by other team members are completed in an appropriate manner, mentoring when necessary to ensure quality assurance best practices are followed
- Need to stay abreast of technological developments within the quality assurance space and propose the technologies or approaches which are the most appropriate to solve the solutions at hand
- Work with their Product Owner to plan for future sprints and quarters, manage committed deliverables, shepherd cross-team dependencies, and consistently maintain a high level of quality.
- Build and maintain a prioritized QA Backlog containing the technical debt in the QA space which needs to be addressed
- Enact and oversee team process for follow up on critical integration/production defects and taking action to prevent reoccurrence
- Work with the team to ensure that for a user story an appropriate set of test cases is covered, quality tradeoffs are identified and understood, and the team has reached consensus on acceptable level of risk
- Exhibit ownership of the team automation suite- achieving consensus on the team automation strategy, ensuring tests cases are properly designed, maintained and reviewed
- Minimum of 5 years of quality assurance experience with 2+ years within complex projects and business solutions as well as 2+ years writing automation cases
- Must have 3+ years of experience working with database-driven applications and SQL queries
- Knowledge of QA processes, methodologies, and industry best practices
- Experience with test automation tools such as ReadyAPI, CodedUI, Microsoft Test Manager, MSTest, Wireshark, Fiddler, Browser Dev Tools, HP Load Runner, and Selenium
- Understanding and experience validating Web Services – REST, ASMX, WCF
- Incredibly technical resource with knowledge of (and preferably developing and debugging experience within) a N-tier web technology stack- C#/Java/Python, RESTful and non-RESTful web services, SQL
- Capable of dealing with cross-team dependencies, rapid schedules and a constantly evolving business environment
- Pride in being accountable, take ownership of outstanding issues, and establish a high level of credibility with others in the organization.
- Experience with Agile / Scrum methodologies and continuous integration tools
- Healthy analytical and problem solving skills, with attention to detail
- An effective communicator, presenting facts not feelings and balancing business goals with engineering goals
- Sharp analytical abilities, problem solving techniques, proven design skills and a track record of delivery
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Excellent team leadership, written communication and verbal agility
Back to top