Sr Payroll Analyst
Purpose of Position: This position is responsible for the analysis and maintenance of the payroll and time tracking systems to ensure regulatory compliance and adherence to company policy using ADP Vantage payroll system for approximately 1600 employees and several thousand contingent workers in a multi-state environment and Canada.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the maintenance and ongoing review and audit of system configuration as it relates to taxability of wages, earnings and deduction codes, garnishments and W2’s.
- Responsible for developing test plans and performing system testing to ensure existing, changes and new requirements are calculating as expected.
- Document and maintain detailed step by step procedures.
- Stay current on state and federal tax and other regulatory changes with impact on payroll operations.
- Perform periodic, quarterly and annual reconciliations to ensure that payroll data and tax calculations are accurate, including wage reconciliations, 401K reconciliations, tax reconciliations and filings for Federal, State, and Local statutes.
- Continually evaluate, document and promote efficiencies both internally and with our external vendors.
- System implementation / conversion: fully engage and participate in the analysis, set up, and testing of any time / payroll system related implementations and / or conversions.
- Assist in payroll and 401K processing, pre and post payroll reconciliations and Sox compliance and testing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5+ years’ current payroll experience with like experience in a multi-state payroll environment. Must have mid-year payroll system implementation / conversion experience.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of payroll processing; rules, laws and requirements of operating a payroll function
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Personable, professional demeanor, ‘customer’ service oriented
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy required
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity and discretion in the handling of confidential information
- Computer savvy, including hands on Advanced level knowledge of ADP Vantage payroll systems, including: ADP Vantage, Time, Accruals and Time Clocks. (if not ADP Time Clocks, must have Kronos Time Clocks experience). ADP and MS Office; Advanced proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, formulas)
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience required
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) desirable
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top