Sr Operations Manager
The Senior Operations Manager is responsible for a range of critical management responsibilities in a high-volume manufacturing and pick/pack/ship fulfillment center for personalized products. This manager is a member of the on-site Senior Leadership team supporting the planning and execution of critical peak periods as well as day-to-day management of various teams in the facility. Duties include direct responsibilities for all activities surrounding the Production and Fulfillment area. In addition, key planning duties include: labor planning, supplies planning, budgeting (expense and capital), and vendor management. This position requires a high level of leadership and strong analytical and communication skills.
- Setting and Achieving Productivity Standards and Goals
- Monitoring Production and Spoilage Costs
- Responsible for the management of elements of operations (production and fulfillment), quality assurance, personnel and facility functions for the Personal Creations production and fulfillment center.
- Develop, implement and facilitate processes that focus on achieving measurable improvements to production efficiency, inventory management, quality, fulfillment accuracy and on-time delivery.
- Plan resources (both equipment and staff) to meet growth requirements and seasonality constraints based on corporate strategic plan.
- Resolve operational problems that impact the effectiveness of the operation.
- Manage and develop the operations team to optimize productivity and promote growth; focus on continuous improvement and innovation.
- Ensure adequate and efficient staffing, equipment and space utilization to fulfill operation goals during peak holiday weeks as well as non-peak periods.
- Develop detailed facility operations plans and schedules for peak periods based on high-level parameters provided by senior management.
Quality & Safety
- Partner with the Quality Assurance Team to administer and facilitate all quality protocols to ensure compliance with company standards.
- Implement programs which ensure on-going product quality and improvement
- Implement quality measure that ensure customer satisfaction
- Ensures adherence to rules, procedures, policies, guidelines, and regulations, including Health, Safety, and Environmental (HS&E)
- Partner with Warehouse Management Systems team (WMS) in order to understand, maintain and develop system functionality for improved operations performance.
- Partner with Finance Team to develop annual departmental operating budget, track/control spending and proactively seek cost-effective initiatives.
- Partner with Human Resources to continuously improve policies, procedures, practices and training.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Demonstrated leadership, mentoring and motivational skills at a senior management level.
- Dedicated commitment to an operating environment that produces an outstanding customer service experience while fostering a team environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to relate to both senior levels and hourly levels in the operation.
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and achieve results under pressure.
- Demonstrated experience in problem identification and resolution for product distribution, as well as with customers and employees.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions both written and oral form.
- Ability to deal with and help resolve conflicts and discrepancies as they arise both within the facility and with outside vendors.
- Possess knowledge of Quality Control and can manage to standards.
- Proficient ability with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook. Demonstrated experience using warehouse management systems to manage inventory.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum 10 years of previous management experience in distribution operations and/or manufacturing environment and use of related technology or support systems.
- Experience in high-volume, seasonal distribution environment.
- Experience in supervising the daily activities of seasonal, temporary, and full-time associates necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent related experience preferred.
- Ability to read, interpret and develop general operating plans.
- Ability to write business correspondence and employee performance reviews.
- Ability to work with a variety of internal departments including IT, Finance, Supply Chain, Quality Assurance, Human Resources, Merchandising and Marketing in order to carry out the needs of the business.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to employees, vendors and other associates of the organization.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This role may be exposed to the following: heavy machinery, dust, noise, frequent and sustained walking and/or standing for prolonged periods of time, lifting up to 50 lbs. and repetitive activities, including but not limited to, pulling, pushing, grabbing and hand motions.
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top