Sr Maintenance Assoc-U5424
The Senior Maintenance Associate is responsible for helping to maintain all equipment in the production areas, interior and exterior building maintenance and the safety of the facility.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in maintaining all equipment on the production floor including major daily repair and monthly preventative maintenance on all machines as needed.
- Repair and maintain building interior including but not limited to gravity and mechanical conveyor equipment, basic electrical work and repairing lighting in the facility.
- Assist the Maintenance Manager in resourcing parts and solutions for downed equipment as well as maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
- Provide back-up in Maintenance Manager's absence by ordering parts or supplies, repairing all machinery or contacting appropriate external resource. In Maintenance Manager's absence work on call for any facility issues 24/7.
- Perform minor plumbing duties including routing and plunging toilets, repairing toilets, valves and sinks.
- Perform minor carpentry work building fixtures, repairing walls and floors throughout the building as needed.
- Repair drywall, wall paper and conduct painting.
- Responsible for package drop off at the Post Office and FedEx airport hubs.
- Previous experience working on warehouse and building equipment in a high volume production environment.
- High School diploma with some college experience preferred.
- Drywall, wall papering and painting skills required.
- Highly motivated, self-starter able to work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail, organization and multitasking skills.
- Ability to monitor and follow up on procedures operating with a sense of urgency.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Knowledge of MS Office preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee can either be in a typical office environment with a moderate noise level or in a warehouse environment with a moderate to high noise level. Work duties can be performed in a variety of positions depending on the tasks to be performed. This individual will spend most of their time in a warehouse and production environment.
- Fork and Scissor Lift
- Ladders up to 25 feet high
- Basic carpentry hand tools such as hammers, screw drivers, wrenches, etc.
- Power tools such as drill presses, band saw, circular saw, drill & plumbing router
- PC computer, telephone, copy/fax machine and other office equipment
- Company vehicles ranging from a 15 foot cargo truck to a Class C 24 foot Box truck
Mental and Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Associate must be physically capable to lift up to 80 lbs. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must communicate with the various Operational supervisors and Managers as well as Office Managers and personnel. Must be apt at working on a personal computer; reading information from printed materials and computer screens; the work requires close vision, distance vision and color vision in analyzing machine manuals, working with intricate parts, and working in the production and warehouse areas. The position also requires physical demands on the body such as standing for a long period of time, physical lifting, bending, twisting, working in confined spaces, squatting, reaching, crawling and accessing a 32 ft. high rooftop. Attention to detail and the capability to be aware of surroundings are very important.
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top