Sr. Director of eCommerce Engineering
Sr. Director of eCommerce Engineering
Are you a passionate technology leader that can inspire and drive transformation?
At FTD we continually evolve the business--hyper-focused on customer experience! We are advancing a culture where solutions from the technology group will help transform our lines of business through customer-meaningful solutions, innovative technologies and business-impacting projects.
We are seeking technology leader that will be critical player in driving the evolution of ecommerce for the company. FTD gives you everything you need in order to further your individual pursuits whilst transforming ecommerce for millions of customers across the country. This is highly visible position that will be part of growing team building innovative, web customer-facing software on multi-tiered platform reporting to the SVP of Engineering and will work alongside the new EVP/CIO Department head to offer a true challenge and an intriguing opportunity to drive change. You are a "VP in waiting" and have ambition to grow in the organization and become part of some form of success planning yet to be formalized. You are entrepreneurial, with an ability to get things done at scale.
What You Will Contribute:
- Lead all aspects of software engineering for FTD.com properties and platforms that specifically relate to our marketplace capabilities, and our ability to provide small businesses with integrated technology to thrive
- Manage technical planning for all product development efforts, working hand-in-hand with product development and UX (where applicable), including the subsequent testing, and production releases
- Interface closely with the florist business executives and clients to clearly articulate technical issues, opportunities, benefits and features
- Be responsible for all aspects of the florist technology ecosystem, including the POS, florist sites and related tools. Use VoC data and information to help drive solution engineering
- Assist with designing and implementing the next generation of the florist digital transformation experience which is innovative and intuitive
- Recruit, motivate, inspire and lead a world-class team of technology professionals across multiple locations -- Chicago, San Diego and Hyderabad -- India.
- You are an incredibly smart engineer--not afraid to push the envelope of solutions, and present a strong opinion that may be "out of the box" - but also humble enough to be convinced of alternative ways.
- An environment of positive change--where you can truly make a difference
- The blending of cultures, and the creation of a new enterprise culture across multiple cities and 3 continents where you can be part of helping shape our future. Our pillars include digital curiosity, test & learn ethics, innovation, flat "get things done" type of organization.
- An organization where you will spend time with business leaders, executive leadership and coders alike
- An opportunity to build awesome software in a modular fashion, using modern cloud-based technologies, from the ground up.
- Perfect place to grow and bring digital transformation. Needless to say, such a high-powered, fast paced work environment offers an equally fast-paced path to grow in your career.
- Career opportunities! Those that have positive impact, with a positive approach, have a very bright future as we change, grow, expand and explore new and exciting experiences for our global customer base
- A member of the technology leadership team--you WILL have influence on the entire success of the Company!
- Strong leadership skills with a proven ability to execute, develop, lead and manage change within high-performing teams moving towards agile.
- Hands on development experience to shape futuristic digital experience
- Strong communication skills, and an ability to provide leadership and influence technical solutions with non-technical clients and senior executive management.
- Experience with the integration of third-party (licensed or open-source) e-commerce
- Experience with marketplace, white-label B2B sites and POS systems is a plus.
- A positive, solutions-oriented attitude and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
Come give FTD a look! This position will be based in Chicago, IL. With some travel to Downers Groev required. We are an incredibly open and welcoming company--come join our family!
FTD Companies is a global premier floral and gifting company with a vision to be the leading and most trusted floral and gifting company in the world. We provide floral, specialty foods, gift and related products and services to consumers, retail florists, and other retail locations and companies in need of floral and gifting solutions.
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top