Sr. Director, Infrastructure Services
Sr. Director, Infrastructure Services
FTD Companies is looking to add a Sr. Director, Infrastructure Services to its growing team in Downers Grove. This position is responsible for the design, build, and maintain FTD’s ecommerce, business and corporate IT infrastructure globally, across multiple sites. With responsibility for FTD’s network, systems, storage, databases, and telecommunications, the position ensures that the infrastructure meets availability and performance SLAs and provides a stable and highly available environment. In addition, the Sr. Director, Infrastructure Services oversees key vendor relationships. This position is part of the senior technology leadership team and as such the individual is expected to lead by example and create a high-performing environment as well as drive the teams to meet their collective business and strategic goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create the vision and strategy for FTD’s global IT infrastructure to meet its business goals.
- Work closely with stakeholders and internal customers to understand project priorities, infrastructure requirements for systems implementations, and to provide support for the business.
- Partner with business units, IT executive leadership, and key vendors to design and implement reliable, secure, and cost effective IT infrastructure.
- Ensure the definition and implementation of system, network, storage, database, and ecommerce site architecture standards.
- Evaluate industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies and ensure they are applied effectively to FTD’s IT environment.
- Lead the teams which will identify and resolve complex technical incidents in the IT infrastructure; support incident and problem resolution as escalated from the network operations center (NOC)
- Oversee critical availability, capacity, performance, integrity, and security metrics across the infrastructure teams.
- Ensure that system standards and access controls are properly implemented and maintained to meet compliance and security requirements (including SOX and PCI DSS).
- Provide business case input and estimates related to IT infrastructure needs for new business projects.
- Sponsor multiple projects, ensuring timely delivery and adherence to budget and feature-functionality targets.
- Identify scope, propose, and execute infrastructure improvement projects to maintain and improve infrastructure capabilities, capacity, and reliability.
- Lead matrixed teams across multiple domestic and international locations.
- Identify and drive cost savings initiatives
- Create and manage OpEx and CapEx budgets.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Ensure teams conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Champion best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Ensure disaster recovery readiness for critical infrastructure.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred; minimum of 10 years of management experience in an IT organization preferred, with experience at the Director level preferred.
- Experience managing, coaching and mentoring multiple work teams in the design, development, installation or maintenance of large-scale, consumer-facing web-sites along with the internal support systems is required.
- Experience managing organizations with span of control of at least 20 personnel over multiple sites.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to set the strategy and objectives that drive optimal results.
- Excellent communication skills. Using verbal and written methods possesses ability to facilitate and bridge communication between business and technology.
- Highly skilled in collaboration and cross functional teamwork.
- Experience preparing and managing IT organization budgets.
- Hands-on project management experience and proven leadership execution on large programs.
- Can adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and lead the organization through the application of new technologies.
- Technical understanding and experience leading teams using the following technologies:
- Enterprise Unix (Solaris & Linux) and Windows systems
- Enterprise storage technologies
- Cross platform network technologies (Load balancers, switches, firewalls, circuits, routers)
- Virtualization technologies, including VMWare and open source (Xen)
- Enterprise network security
- Database systems (MS SQLServer, mysql, Oracle)
- Managing a multiple datacenter environment
- Experience with call center telecommunications support pref
Back to top