Sr Business Strategy Analyst
FTD Companies is in search of a strong candidate to join our top-notch analytics team. This business strategy analyst will be able to hit the ground running and provide analytics leadership for the Gourmet Foods Business Unit (“GFBU”). The ideal candidate will not only be an excel whiz who possesses strong partnership and communication skills but also someone with strategic business acumen.
FTD companies is a $1.3B industry ecommerce platform that generates shipments of over 60K per hour during our busiest week. This is a company that not only gives you the ability to champion innovative solutions but also invests in you and your teams. Enjoy all the benefits of working for a publicly traded company (stock purchase plan, bonus, flexible hours and a healthy vacation plan) while still enjoying a relaxed work environment (shorts and sandals welcome, onsite gym with classes).
- Lead analytical projects and support Gourmet Foods business decisions through analytics projects designed to increase understanding of business drivers, improve performance and to optimize customer acquisition and retention. This includes:
- Business monitoring and supply-demand balancing — Support the Gourmet Foods business daily by monitoring demand, understanding demand and supply constraints and recommending appropriate actions via pricing tactics, changing merchandising strategy, updating channel spend, etc. to ensure business is optimizing revenue and profit from current customers based on current inventory.
- Assist in top line business forecasting – Partner with the General Manager and the brand leadership team to forecast revenue for the business during the budget process as well as during the regular reforecast cycles. Also provides forecast dailies to SCO for planning purposes.
- Test and optimize key areas of the GF business (e.g. discounting, aspects of pricing, special projects).
- Partner with the GFBU merchandising team to work on pricing strategies and support merchandising analytics.
- Provide analytical support and be the subject matter expert for certain enterprise wide processes.
- Work with marketing personnel to prepare detailed models to provide insight into and identify opportunities to improve channel performance
- Coordinate performance assessment and projected results related to peak holiday management activities
- Build analytical tools and reports for use by self, team, and others in organization
- Proactively identify areas/decisions where additional analytic or strategic insight is needed, and develop recommendations.
- Mentor other analysts across teams and introduce the team to new analytical tools in the marketplace.
Key interfaces include:
- General Manager and brand team
- Marketing Center of Excellence
- Supply Chain Operations
- Merchandising and Product Development
- Finance team and business leaders
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; advanced degree preferred
- 4 – 8 years forecasting, modeling, and/or marketing and business analysis experience.
- Strong business acumen, working and at times leading cross-functional initiatives from beginning to end.
- Strong analytical and technical skills — Excel (must be an expert), SQL (helpful), PowerPoint, Access (helpful), SAS (helpful), Omniture (helpful)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to work across teams
- Experience presenting to various levels of management.
- Desire to learn new technical skills and practice continuous personal development
FTD Companies, Inc. is a premier floral and gifting company with a vision to be the leading and most trusted floral and gifting company in the world.
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top