Software Engineer (SDE2)
Be an Innovative Agent of Change
Are you a Software Engineer comfortable working in a fast-paced and innovative environment?
At FTD (NASDAQ:FTD) we continually evolve the business by promoting a culture where solutions from the technology group help transform our lines of business through customer-meaningful solutions, innovative technologies and business-impacting projects.
This highly crucial position will take a supporting role in building applications within our multi-brand $1B+ ecommerce company. We're actively searching for entry-level engineers to join newly created teams at FTD who will be tasked with building an entirely new state-of the-art platform and architecture from scratch.
What You Will Contribute:
- Participate with a cross-functional team (technical & non-technical members) on highly visible strategic projects and/or work independently as needed.
- Champion innovative solutions and interact with top-caliber software engineers, web developers, and QA automation resources contributing within our growing ecosystem of cutting edge SOA based applications.
- Work within an agile group and be empowered to add your own personalized stamp on the team and the solutions we deliver.
- Interact closely with business to understand business processes and proposing technical as well as non-technical solutions for business problems--seek the biggest bangs!
- Interface with team members across software teams to promote software best-practices, technical guidance when requested and overall positive change.
- Actively work with the team and managers in continuously improving SDLC process and the efficiency and effectiveness of the engineering team.
- Exciting opportunity to be a part of a team that builds and evolves high performance, scalable order processing systems handling large transactional volumes: processing more than 50,000 orders a day, close to 5 million payment transactions a week; handling more than 1.5 million customer notifications in a day etc.
- We encourage and welcome out of the box ideas in all areas like artificial intelligence, data processing and information retrieval, voice capabilities, automation, computer vision, etc.
- Enjoy all the benefits of working for a publicly traded company (stock purchase plan, flexible hours and a healthy vacation plan).
- A relaxed work environment (shorts and sandals always welcome, onsite gym with classes).
- The blending of cultures across multiple cities and 3 continents where you can be part of helping shape our future.
- Lines of business and a technology organization ready to embrace your role and the business value it brings.
- A "flat" organization where you will spend time with business leaders, managers, developers, product management and executive leadership.
- Career opportunities! Those that have positive impact, with a positive approach, have a very bright future as we change, grow, expand and explore new and exciting experiences for our global customer base.
- The ability and interest in working on a broad range of different projects and technologies who loves to write code, is excited about building things and is passionate about robust software design.
- Minimum of 1 solid year in software development experience working on complex projects, and/or equivalent computer science training at accredited Bachelor's Degree program with GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Understand the basics of Service Oriented Architecture.
- Strong coding skills in C#, .NET, or Java; Web Services, WCF, Rest, SQL and Windows Services. We are open to candidates that show strengths in various technologies, but you should have a willingness and interest to learn and work primarily in Java on the Spring platform.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Excellent written communication skills and verbal agility.
- You take pride in being accountable, taking ownership of outstanding issues and establishing a high level of credibility with others in the organization.
- You take pride in producing high quality software utilizing automated unit and integration testing.
- Sharp analytical abilities, problem solving techniques and object-oriented software design skills
- You are proactive, motivated and able to work in teams.
- Experience implementing or utilizing Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) practices.
- Familiarity with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) principles and have used them in practice.
- Possess a basic understanding of tiered distributed systems.
- E-commerce experience
- Experience developing for high-volume web applications.
- Microservices architecture and practices
- REST service development and methodologies
- Experience with could-based technologies such as AWS, Google Cloud, and/or Azure
- Experience with various ecommerce systems such as PIM, OMS, and/or FMS
Come join our team and be part of an exciting transformation! While you are part of the office of technology, you will have a broader impact on the overall growth of the business. Consider joining one of the few companies outside of Silicon Valley able to offer development of a high-traffic ecommerce platform receiving upwards of 40K customer purchases an hour.
Come give FTD a look! This position will be based inDowntown Chicago, IL.
FTD Companies is a global premier floral and gifting company with a vision to be the leading and most trusted floral and gifting company in the world. We provide floral, specialty foods, gift and related products and services to consumers, retail florists, and other retail locations and companies in need of floral and gifting solutions.
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top