Senior Solutions Engineer
At FTD we continually evolve the business and we're hyper-focused on customer experience! We are advancing a culture where solutions from the technology group will help transform our lines of business through solutions which are meaningful to our customers, utilize innovative technologies, and have a fundamental impact to our technology ecosystem.
We seek several charismatic & highly technical senior or staff level software engineers to take central roles in architecting and building several core & critical customer-facing technology components which will grow to be pivotal elements of our $1.2B industry leading ecommerce platform. If you have interest in working on a broad range of different projects and technologies, you love to write code, and you're passionate about robust software design please consider joining one of the few companies outside of Silicon Valley able to offer development of a high-traffic ecommerce platform receiving upwards of 40K customer purchases an hour. We want to talk to you.
What You Will Contribute:
- Build and evolve high performance, architecturally sound, and scalable systems to support the current and future demands on our robust ecommerce platform.
- Partner with your self-organizing agile team members and your product owner (PO) to translate business needs into workable technology solutions with minimal technical debt.
- High quality work in both the client and server technology spaces of our web application platform, automation framework, or other technology areas as needed .
- Guidance to rapidly grow less experienced team members via mentorship and coaching.
- Interact closely with the business, engineering peers, and leadership to understand the business objectives and provide technical and non-technical solutions to business problems.
What we offer:
- An environment of positive change--where you can truly make a difference.
- The blending of cultures across multiple cities and 3 continents where you can be part of helping shape our future.
- An organization where you will spend time with business leaders, executive leadership and coders alike.
- Perfect place to grow and bring digital transformation. Needless to say, such a high-powered, fast paced work environment offers an equally fast-paced path to grow in your career.
- Career opportunities! Those that have positive impact, with a positive approach, have a very bright future as we change, grow, expand and explore new and exciting experiences for our global customer base.
What we seek:
- Minimum of 6 years of development experience with 2+ years within complex projects and business solutions.
- You take pride in being accountable, take ownership of outstanding issues, and establish a high level of credibility with others in the organization.
- Sharp analytical abilities, problem solving techniques, proven design skills and a track record of delivery.
Come join our team and be part of an exciting transformation! While you are part of the office of technology, you will have a broader impact on the overall growth of the business.
Come give FTD a look! This position will be based in San Diego, CA. We are an incredibly open and welcoming company--come join our family!
FTD Companies is a global premier floral and gifting company with a vision to be the leading and most trusted floral and gifting company in the world. We provide floral, specialty foods, gift and related products and services to consumers, retail florists, and other retail locations and companies in need of floral and gifting solutions.
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top