Senior Product Owner
Senior Product Owner
Love the Customer. Own the Product. Make a Difference.
Why is our Product Management team the next step for you?
At FTD we continually evolve the business--hyper-focused on customer experience! We are advancing a culture where site experiences built by the technology group will transform our lines of business through customer-meaningful solutions, innovative technologies and business-impacting projects.
We are seeking a key stakeholder for our ecommerce development team: As a Senior Product Owner, you will be the person who turns customer needs into amazing site experiences that win loyal repeat customers. You will bring to life the vision and roadmap for making ProFlowers.com, Berries.com and PersonalCreations.com the leading websites for delivering meaningful sentiments through gifting.
What You Will Contribute:
- Bring the voice of the customer into the design and prioritization of new site experiences and features.
- Write clear user stories and acceptance criteria and groom stories on the product backlog to ensure your Agile Team has thorough understanding of even the most complex requirements.
- Conduct impact analysis as requirements emerge, effectively present issues and potential solutions amongst stakeholders to remove roadblocks and accomplish organization objectives.
- Collaborate with the Agile Team in just the right way to clarify requirements, make timely decisions on execution details, and push for increasingly impressive results.
- Work with other Product Owners to ensure dependencies are prioritized appropriately across teams. Facilitate great collaboration broadly.
- Mentor more junior Product Owners to improve agile approaches and develop a stronger team.
- Inspect completed work against requirements, customer needs, and business needs.
What we offer:
- An environment of incredible transformation--where you can truly make a difference driving positive change for customers and the business
- The blending of cultures across multiple cities and 3 continents where you can be part of helping shape our future
- Lines of business and a technology organization ready to embrace your role and the business value it brings
- A "flat" organization where you will spend time with business leaders, managers, developers, product management and executive leadership
- Career opportunities! Those that have positive impact, with a positive approach, have a very bright future as we change, grow, expand and explore new and exciting experiences for our global customer base
What we seek:
- Experience working in an agile environment, including a strong working knowledge of the methodology and iterative development
- Experience working with ambiguous requirements and needs and turning those into complex, elegant solutions.
- 5+ years of working knowledge of web and ecommerce development best practices
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer and business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Experience at building the business case for new features and products.
- Passion for the customer and an ability to translate customer needs into delightful site experiences
- Proven collaborator with strong written and oral communication skills, particularly with senior level and executive audience
- Business acumen that helps you to be a bridge between business lines and the engineering departments.
- Bachelor's degree in business management, computer science, or equivalent real-world experience.
- Preferably Agile Product Owner certified
Come join our team and be part of an exciting transformation! While you are part of the office of technology, you will have a broader impact on the overall growth of the business.
Come give FTD a look! This position will be based in San Diego, CA. We are an incredibly open and welcoming company--come join our family!
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top