Senior Process Engineer
Sr. Process Engineer
At FTD (NASDAQ:FTD) we continually evolve the business by promoting a culture where solutions from the Supply Chain Operations group help transform our lines of business through customer-meaningful solutions, innovation and business-impacting projects.
We are searching for a Senior Process Engineer for our growing group of brands. This role, will report to the Vice President of Manufacturing/Fulfillment. The ideal candidate will provide subject matter expertise in the design and development of food, produce, floral and gift processing. Responsibilities will also include development and implementation of project plans which include facility and fulfillment layout design, automation, and system integrations that improve quality, productivity and costs. This position provides the opportunity to manage a wide variety of projects involving a great number of process technology areas such as food & floral products, gift personalization and distribution operations.
What we seek:
- Define the physical, chemical, and biological transformations that must occur to produce food products meeting customer and consumer requirements, and translate into clear design specifications & process requirements.
- Applies knowledge of technical concepts and theories used by professionals in developing a fulfillment/production operations road map.
- Create manufacturing and fulfillment processes and procedures.
- Develop and implement standardized Best Practices in multiple locations
- Design and implement facility layouts
- Lead process development as well as other cross-functional activities on projects, particularly those initiatives involving innovation and new technologies.
- Develop cost estimates and capital requests commercializing products / processes
- Comprehend and apply principles of the scale-up of unit operations common within the food industry.
- Exhibit high-level business acumen to understand and challenge drivers that influence project profitability and cost optimization.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of all food/floral and design work.
- Develop and apply project management skills.
- Act as change agent within the organization, and champion ideas with significant business potential, gaining organizational buy-in where resistance is initially met.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of process innovation and development pipeline in assigned business areas through development of subject matter expertise and creative thinking.
- Direct group efforts by collecting, analyzing, and presenting process data.
Who are you:
- BS Chemical or Food Engineering required. MS preferred.
- Minimum 8 years related experience in process research required with a preference of having worked in the food industry.
- Solid understanding of manufacturing principles and their use in pick, pack and parcel shipping environments.
- Solid understanding of statistical methods and process control.
- Ability and desire to learn new skills/technologies and to learn processes/products/systems.
- Strategic, big-picture thinking skills.
- Comfort with ambiguity.
- Self-starter with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work as a team member and individually.
- Proficient at Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint. Familiarity with statistics tools and software
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time. Must be able to travel independently and as a responsible company representative.
Come join our team and be part of an exciting transformation! While you are part of the office of Supply Chain Operations, you will have a broader impact on the overall growth of the business. Consider joining one of the few companies to offer development of a high-traffic ecommerce platform receiving upwards of 40K customer purchases an hour.
Come give FTD a look! This position is ideally based close to our Rocklin, Ca. Distribution Center. We are an incredibly open and welcoming company--come join our family!
FTD Companies is a global premier floral and gifting company with a vision to be the leading and most trusted floral and gifting company in the world. We provide floral, specialty foods, gift and related products and services to consumers, retail florists, and other retail locations and companies in need of floral and gifting solutions.
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top