Senior Network Engineer
At FTD we continually evolve the business--hyper-focused on customer experience! We have and are advancing a culture where solutions from the technology group will help transform our lines of business through customer-meaningful solutions, innovative technologies and business-impacting projects.
We are seeking an innovative game changer: a creative problem solving network engineer equally comfortable with the needs of the business and a continually evolving technology group. This position reports to the Sr. Manager of Network/Telecom will also work alongside other Operations and Infrastructure groups. This highly challenging and an intriguing opportunity for those that thrive in a transformational environment.
What You Will Contribute:
- An ability to apply experience of network and telecom to lead in the design standardization of the network and telecommunications infrastructure
- Work with infrastructure team to ensure business goals and customer needs are the priority
- Work with team members to ensure the network and telecommunications infrastructure are upgraded and maintained properly
- Work in a team environment, contribute to the team and help the team succeed
- Update and Review FTD's standards
- Key member in the PCI certification team
- Support person for technology from WAN, LAN, VOIP, Security, Remote Access, Authentication, Cloud, DNS, Firewall, Load Balancers and Monitoring
- Provides rapid response to any issues impacting the network or phones
- Maintain and expand working knowledge of network, telecommunication and security
- Mentor junior network engineers
What we offer:
- An environment of positive change--where you can truly make a difference
- The blending of cultures across multiple cities and 3 continents where you can be part of helping shape our future
- Lines of business and a technology organization ready to embrace your role and the business value it brings
- A "flat" organization where you will spend time with business leaders, managers, developers, scrum masters, product management and executive leadership
- Career opportunities! Those that have positive impact, with a positive approach, have a very bright future as we change, grow, expand and explore new and exciting experiences for our global customer base
What we seek:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field, Cisco CCNP, Cisco Security Certification or equivalent experience
- 5 years of industry level experience in installing and configuring network systems
- Advance knowledge of with routing protocols: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP
- 3-4 plus years' experience with Cisco layer2 switching, VLAN/Spanning-tree technologies
- Researched, Designed, Recommended and Implemented solutions
- Advance knowledge with layer 2/3/4 load balancing
- 3-4 plus years' experience with Firewall, ASA, Palo Alto or Juniper
- 3-4 years' experience with Remote access solutions
- 3-4 years' experience with VOIP Cisco, Avaya; Omni-channel
- Experience with Cisco QOS for LAN and WAN
- Familiarity with InfoBlox, Netflow, Clearpass and Firemon
- Proven ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and written
- Self-Starter ability to work with minimal supervision
- You are very organized--keeping several balls in the air and excellent at follow-up
- Business acumen--you will be immersed in the lines of business but also experience being the bridge between business lines and the engineering departments. Helping resolve positive conflict.
Come join our team and be part of an exciting transformation! While you are part of the office of technology, you will have a broader impact on the overall growth of the business.
Come give FTD a look! This position will be based in San Diego, CA. We are an incredibly open and welcoming company--come join our family!
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top