Senior Financial Analyst - Cost Accounting
Senior Financial Analyst
Cost Accounting Experience!
FTD Companies, Inc. is the largest gifting company in the world and we are looking for you to join our $1.2B company!
FTD is looking for you to join our team to be a part of the Provide Creations Division of FTD and utilize your financial and accounting skills and business acumen to provide reporting, budgeting, and full life cycle accounting projects
You will be responsible for the the financial reporting function for the Consumer Division including monthly close, financial controls, audit requests and accounting/financial analysis of operational projects which have accounting/financial implications. Additionally, you will work closely with all other functional areas within the Consumer Division and interact with finance personnel from the other divisions within the company
How You Will Make An Impact:
- Prepare weekly revenue and gross margin reporting including segment and labor productivity reporting which identify key performance indicators the business utilizes to monitor operating performance.
- Complete certain monthly financial close activities including, the review of month-end accounting reports, journal entries, accruals, variance analyses, cost center reviews, and account reconciliations
- Research accounting guidance and recent pronouncements that may have an impact on the financial reporting of the company
- Have direct and indirect responsibility for the annual operating financial planning process working closely with all department managers in developing challenging but reasonable budgets for the fiscal year
- Work closely with business owners to update monthly forecasts that account for market, economic and strategic changes and current conditions
- Through assisting the auditors and an on-going review of Sarbox procedures, ensure strict adherence to Sarbox and other internal control procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly bridges for actual results and forecast changes which identify business issues that are impacting the company’s ability to execute the operating plan
- Advise management of financial and operational risks
- Maintain strict integrity on all occasions without any compromise in all that you do.
- Work with external and internal auditors and ensure all audit requests are completed accurately and timely
- Contribute to all quarterly reporting requests needed by corporate as requested
- Identify and bring to the attention of your manager all potential process and procedural improvements
- Utilize cost accounting methods to assure that the costs incurred by the company are collected and assets are valued appropriately.
Skills and Competencies You Will Leverage:
- BS/BA in accountancy or finance
- CPA preferred or public accounting experience required
- 5+ years of experience in accounting, financial reporting, financial budgeting/planning and analytical projects in a medium or large size company
- PC literate; fluent in MS and familiar with ERP platform
- Outstanding communication with the poise and presence to interact with a diverse group of constituents in a challenging matrix management environment
- Excellent analytical skills and have the confidence to challenge the status quo in various situations
- Strong initiative, follow-through and ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects
- The ability to understand and communicate to staff and management the implications of the applicable accounting guidance
- Experience with cost accounting processes
- Support from a strong leader
- Excellent benefit plan
- Growth Opportunities in a large company
Through our diversified family of brands, we provide floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. We also provide floral products and services to retail florists and other retail locations throughout these same geographies. FTD has been delivering flowers since 1910 and the highly-recognized FTD® and Interflora® brands are supported by the iconic Mercury Man logo which is displayed in nearly 40,000 floral shops in approximately 150 countries. Our diversified portfolio of brands also includes the following trademarks: ProFlowers®, Shari’s Berries®, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Flying Flowers, Flowers Direct, Drake Algar, Sincerely and Gifts.com.
The FTD Mission Statement: To inspire, support and delight our customers when expressing life’s most important sentiments. The FTD Vision Statement: To be the leading and most trusted floral and gifting company in the world.
Back to top