Senior Dynamics AX Engineer / Developer
Sr. AX Engineer / Developer
Be an Innovative Agent of Change
Are you an AX Engineer comfortable working in a fast-paced and innovative environment?
At FTD (NASDAQ:FTD) is experiencing a transformation within its technology organization--and across the business! A key component in that is rationalizing, standardizing and enhancing the ERP including financials but also supply chain operations. In addition to having multiple ERP's the functionality within these ERP's is in some cases below needs and expectations. It also is key to raise the level of enterprise reporting creating an enterprise single source of truth delivering meaningful information.
We are seeking an innovative game changer: a creative problem solving software engineer equally comfortable with the changing needs of the business and a continually evolving technology group--focused heavily on all phases of the software development lifecycle (mainly in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 and .NET), including: design and planning, development, unit testing, QA testing, installation, deploy, and support.
This highly crucial position will take a central role in architecting and building several core & critical technology areas for ERP systems which are an important component of our $1.3B business.
What You Will Contribute:
- Participate with a cross-functional team (technical & non-technical members) on highly visible strategic projects and/or work independently as needed.
- Work within an agile group and be empowered to add your own personalized stamp on the team and the solutions we deliver.
- Interact closely with business to understand business processes and proposing technical as well as non-technical solutions for business problems--seek the biggest bangs!
- Drive innovative change across Information Technology to help the department meet its strategic goals.
- Interface with team members at all levels of Information Technology to promote positive change, software best-practices, technical guidance when requested
- Mentor other developers to help grow their software development skillsets.
What we offer:
- We encourage and welcome out of the box ideas in all areas like artificial intelligence, data processing and information retrieval, voice capabilities, automation, computer vision, etc.
- Enjoy all the benefits of working for a publicly traded company (stock purchase plan, flexible hours and a healthy vacation plan).
- A relaxed work environment (shorts and sandals always welcome, onsite gym with classes).
- An annual bonus up to XX of your base salary.
- The blending of cultures across multiple cities and 3 continents where you can be part of helping shape our future.
- Lines of business and a technology organization ready to embrace your role and the business value it brings.
- A "flat" organization where you will spend time with business leaders, managers, developers, product management and executive leadership.
- Career opportunities! Those that have positive impact, with a positive approach, have a very bright future as we change, grow, expand and explore new and exciting experiences for our global customer base.
What we seek:
- You are a rock star AX engineer with the ability and interest in working on a broad range of different projects and technologies who loves to write code, is excited about building things and is passionate about robust software design.
- Design and develop extensions for Dynamics AX by strictly adhering to Microsoft Best Practices and keep future upgrades in mind.
- Design and develop high quality integration's to/from Dynamics AX
- Hands on experience in building and scaling Application Integration Framework, Services, WCF in AX 2012 R3.
- Solid understanding of how different AIF services works and advocate on best practices.
- Perform as an internal consultant, advocate, mentor, and change agent of all application platforms
- Experience using standard DIXF, extending & customizing DIXF for custom entities
- Provide application design recommendations that align with long and short-term IT and business strategies
- Understand and consistently apply current application development methodology attributes and processes
- Been exposed to an AX environment with TFS as source control.
- 5+ years Dynamics AX ERP Experience and at least 3+ years in AX 2012 version.
- 3+ years of hands on experience in some or all of the following technologies: X++, Morph-X, Microsoft .Net (C#), WCF, TSQL, AIF, Services
- Building and Integrating .Net applications (C# preferred)
- Experience in designing and building AX SSRS Reports
- Experience in SQL Server Database modelling, SSAS Cube for AX KPI's.
- Experience in 2012 RTM or later
- Experience coding actual modifications, not just break fix or opening tickets with MS AX.
- Experience with writing technical designs
- 5+ years of experience in designing and developing software solutions in a large enterprise environment
- Distribution and/or Manufacturing industry experience is a plus
- Bottom-line Precision Forms experience is a plus
- Certifications in AX Development and AX Installation and Configuration is a plus
Come join our team and be part of an exciting transformation! While you are part of the office of technology, you will have a broader impact on the overall growth of the business. Consider joining one of the few companies outside of Silicon Valley able to offer development of a high-traffic ecommerce platform receiving upwards of 40K customer purchases an hour.
Come give FTD a look! This position will be based in San Diego, CA. We are an incredibly open and welcoming company--come join our family!
FTD Companies is a global premier floral and gifting company with a vision to be the leading and most trusted floral and gifting company in the world. We provide floral, specialty foods, gift and related products and services to consumers, retail florists, and other retail locations and companies in need of floral and gifting solutions.
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top