Senior Director, Infrastructure Services
FTD Companies is looking to add a Sr. Director, Infrastructure Services to its growing team in the Chicago area. This position is responsible for the design, build, and maintenance of FTD's ecommerce, business and corporate IT infrastructure globally, currently this represents multiple platforms serving multiple brands. With responsibility for FTD's network, systems, storage, databases, telecommunications, and monitoring in a high availability environment. However, the FTD group of companies has started a major transformation--building a modern, innovation-ready ecommerce ecosystem. This position will be the key leader tasked with creating the roadmap bridging the current infrastructure to new strategy. This position is part of the senior technology leadership team with very tight relationships and overlap with Engineering (DevOps, Cloud computing), Security (Cyber, PCI, SOX) and others--this is an integrated leadership role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Join a team reinventing the world-wide floral market--where energy, speed and positivity are the key cornerstones!
- Inherit several legacy platforms and data centers--maintain them and keep them current!
- Work very closely with the SVP of Engineering and CIO to create a modern and relevant cloud strategy fitting a $1B+ B2B and B2C ecommerce company. Rationalize all new products as well as existing products and services to create a roadmap that best serves our customers and company.
- Key responsibility: Manage current state but create a meaningful and understandable roadmap tied to the strategy of the Company generally and the technology department specifically.
- Hands on technical depth in an ecommerce environment enables direct oversight, problem-solving leadership and participation for complex infrastructure implementation, system upgrades and operational troubleshooting.
- Provide infrastructure services vision especially around the area of monitoring all of our critical systems, tools, networks and applications. Enable innovation and leverage IT trends that can create business value consistent with the company's requirements and expectations.
- Manage the user support/help desk, workstation management, storage and related software.
- Manage daily IT infrastructure operations and the NOC to ensure high availability, including job, event log and data center monitoring--set in place a set of proactive monitoring standards that are modern and relevant to all the prioritized points of failure.
- Development of enterprise standards and technology architecture and the IT operations governance process.
- Direct IT infrastructure project management activities around new, ongoing and special projects.
- Select, motivate and develop a high-performing staff
- With regards to security, which is paramount at FTD both from a compliance perspective (PCI, etc) but also general cyber security to protect our customers and associates data--this along with uptime are you two primary tenants.
- Ensure the definition and implementation of system, network, storage, database, and ecommerce site architecture standards
- Ensure that system standards and access controls are properly implemented and maintained to meet compliance and security requirements (including SOX and PCI DSS).
- Lead teams across multiple domestic and international locations. Create the optimum organization!
- Create and manage OpEx and CapEx budgets.
- Ensure disaster recovery readiness for critical infrastructure.
- Must have ecommerce and in depth expertise or modern technologies as well as strategic vision
- Experience managing, coaching and mentoring multiple work teams in the design, development, installation or maintenance of large-scale, consumer-facing web-sites along with the internal support systems is required.
- Experience managing organizations with span of control of at least 50 personnel over multiple sites.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to set the strategy and objectives that drive optimal results.
- Excellent communication skills. Using verbal and written methods possesses ability to facilitate and bridge communication between business and technology.
- Highly skilled in collaboration and cross functional teamwork--you are not super hierarchical and you definitely don't work in a silo.
- Experience preparing and managing IT organization budgets.
- Hands-on execution experience and proven leadership driving significant initiatives and transfromations.
- Experience with service center telecommunications support preferred
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred; minimum of 10 years of management experience in an IT organization preferred, with experience at the Director level preferred.
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top