Senior Director, eCommerce Engineering
Sr. Director eCommerce - Software Engineering
Are you a passionate technology leader that can inspire and drive transformation?
At FTD we continually evolve the business--hyper-focused on customer experience! We are advancing a culture where solutions from the technology group will help transform our lines of business through customer-meaningful solutions, innovative technologies and business-impacting projects.
We are seeking technology leaders that will be critical players in driving the evolution of ecommerce for the company. FTD gives you everything you need in order to further your individual pursuits whilst transforming ecommerce for millions of customers across the country. This is highly visible position that will be part of growing team building innovative, web customer-facing software on multi-tiered platform reporting to the VP of Engineering and will work alongside the new EVP/CIO Department head to offer a true challenge and an intriguing opportunity to drive change.
What You Will Contribute:
- Lead all aspects of software engineering for FTD.com properties and platforms
- Manage strategic planning for all product development efforts, including the subsequent testing, and production releases
- Interface closely with business executives and clients to clearly articulate technical issues, opportunities, benefits and features
- Assist with designing and implementing the next generation of digital transformation experience which is innovative and intuitive
- Recruit, motivate, inspire and lead a world-class team of technology professionals across multiple locations -- Downer Groves, San Diego and Hyderabad - India
What we offer:
- An environment of positive change--where you can truly make a difference
- The blending of cultures across multiple cities and 3 continents where you can be part of helping shape our future
- An organization where you will spend time with business leaders, executive leadership and coders alike
- Perfect place to grow and bring digital transformation. Needless to say, such a high-powered, fast paced work environment offers an equally fast-paced path to grow in your career.
- Career opportunities! Those that have positive impact, with a positive approach, have a very bright future as we change, grow, expand and explore new and exciting experiences for our global customer base
What we seek:
- Strong leadership skills with a proven ability to execute, develop, lead and manage change within high-performing teams moving towards agile.
- Hands on development experience in transforming ecommerce
- Strong communication skills, and an ability to provide leadership and influence technical solutions with non-technical clients and senior executive management.
- Experience with the integration of third-party (licensed or open-source) e-commerce solutions are a big plus.
- A positive, solutions-oriented attitude and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
Come join our team and be part of an exciting transformation! While you are part of the office of technology, you will have a broader impact on the overall growth of the business.
Come give FTD a look! This position will be based in Downers Grove, IL. We are an incredibly open and welcoming company--come join our family!
FTD Companies is a global premier floral and gifting company with a vision to be the leading and most trusted floral and gifting company in the world. We provide floral, specialty foods, gift and related products and services to consumers, retail florists, and other retail locations and companies in need of floral and gifting solutions.
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top