Senior DevOps Engineer
- Downers Grove, IL
Senior DevOps Engineer
The Senior DevOps Engineer will support FTD's cloud infrastructure and build DevOps practices across the company. This is an individual contributor who will be responsible for FTD.com and Proflowers.com cloud infrastructure. This person will interact with multiple tech teams, including security, networking, and development in order to ensure the stability of the infrastructure for FTD's customers. They will manage the overall health of the applications on the Google Cloud Platform.
At FTD, you can expect a dynamic work environment offering competitive pay and benefits. We seek creative, driven individuals to add to our growing company. Ours is a culture of respect, diversity, partnership, and results.
What you will do:
- Design, automate and support CI/CD stack, infrastructure as code, monitoring, and logging.
- Continually improve our monitoring, metrics, and automated response capabilities.
- Work with developers and management to design and implement delivery pipelines.
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the application development team to streamline code deployment.
- Participate in architecture and software development activities; assisting developers in debugging build and deployment issues.
- Resolve reliability issues and identify strategies to mitigate repeat issues.
- Document all actions and work to define repeatable actions that can be automated.
- Use Linux, Shell, and Python coding languages to create effective automation solutions.
- Required Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- 7-8 Years of supporting, designing & developing highly scalable and performant Enterprise-grade application(s).
- Expert in continuous code deployment and integration tools.
- Strong experience in Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Service Mesh, Helm charts, and Microservices.
- Strong experience with Google Cloud (Preferred), AWS.
- Excellent understanding of Internet technologies and protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SSL, etc.), Load Balancers, IAM, provisioning, Monitor and Metrics gathering (Dynatrace, Google Stackdriver).
- Proficient in Linux, Shell, and Python.
- Ability to work and communicate with coworkers under pressure.
- Desire to cross-train and learn. We are looking for someone who wants a career within the IT field
<img height\u003d"1" width\u003d"1" style\u003d"display:none;" alt\u003d"" src\u003d"https://px.ads.linkedin.com/collect/?pid\u003d317436&conversionId\u003d374641&fmt\u003dgif" />
Back to top