Senior Buyer- Merchandising
FTD Companies is a premier floral and gifting company with a vision to be the leading and most trusted floral and gifting company in the world. We provide floral, specialty foods, gift and related products and services to consumers, retail florists, and other retail locations and companies in need of floral and gifting solutions. We are seeking a SENIOR BUYER in an entrepreneurial environment!
The Senior Buyer role is critical for the management of product categories within FTD’s assortment of product. The Senior Buyer will be the subject matter expert for his/her category, and will actively manage all aspects of the business and will manage an Assistant Buyer.
How You Will Make An Impact:
- Responsible for all product development, pricing, margin, and sales with the product category.
- Will analyze current and prior sales data to highlight areas of success, and build on those successes, while identifying things that need improvement, and taking quick efficient steps to address the problem/issue.
- Works with all vendors in terms of product development, cost negotiation, inventory estimates (working with FTD’s Director of Inventory and Forecasting).
- Ability to maintain and develop vendor relations. Conducts vendor surveys and analyzes results to determine probable sources for vendor relationships.
- Develop and recommend seasonal and core product mix for department or area. Collaborate with Inventory Management to develop annual and seasonal financial plans.
- Provide Inventory Management with final assortment plans, product details, target retails, estimated IMU, importance to overall assortment (big bets), for developing purchase projections and buy plans.
- Subject matter expertise within the specific product category. Will understand all aspects of the product, features, benefits, unique aspects of the product.
- Will be a subject matter expert in the industry, along with all competitors and their assortments. Will also be aware of all industry trends.
- Assists in the development of the overall merchandising and category strategy, and responsible for executing against that strategy.
- Works with the Director of Product Design to ensure that product meets brand objectives.
- Works with the FTD Quality associates to ensure consistent improvement in product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Complete product information sheets or provide Merchandising Assistant/ Coordinator with product information (facts, pricing) to create Product Information sheets
- Negotiates and monitors standard and non-standard purchase agreements.
- Obtains variety of quotes or bids prior to making vendor decisions.
Skills and Competencies You Will Leverage:
- Three or more years of full buying responsibility
- Large $10M or more category buying expertise is critical
- Solid negotiation skills
- Great communication skills
- Advanced math, Excel, Power Point and Word skills
- Great organizational skills; detail oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and often changing environment
- Extensive knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, generally accepted purchasing and contract practices
- Bachelor’s degree
We Prefer these Skills:
- Buying Skills in Hardline
- An environment rich in opportunity for growth and challenge
- A strong health and dental plan
- Vacation, sick and holiday days off
- Long- and short-term disability
- Discount gym memberships or local gym membership
- Onsite cafeteria
- Free daily fresh fruit
- Generous discounts on all FTD products
Come give FTD a look! We are an incredibly open and welcoming company-come join our family!
FTD Companies, Inc. is a premier floral and gifting company with a vision to be the leading and most trusted floral and gifting company in the world.
The FTD Mission Statement: To inspire, support and delight our customers when expressing life’s most important sentiments. The FTD Vision Statement: To be the leading and most trusted floral and gifting company in the world.
Back to top