Senior Business Intelligence Engineer
Are you a Business Intelligence Engineer comfortable working in a fast-paced and innovative environment?
At FTD (NASDAQ:FTD) we continually evolve the business by promoting a culture where solutions from the technology group help transform our lines of business through customer-meaningful solutions, innovative technologies and business-impacting projects.
We are seeking a Sr. BI Engineer that will be responsible for designing, architecting and implementing large scale data warehouse solutions with an emphasis on ETL and report development. The candidate will work with the business, DBAs, ETL developers, and data modelers to deliver comprehensive business-facing BI solutions. The ideal candidate will have IBM DataStage (or similar ETL tool) and Cognos (or similar BI tools) experience combined with experience in database development (Netezza & SQL Server), data modeling, data warehouse development methodologies. User interface design skills will also be required to deliver ergonomic reports that meet the business need. This position is an engineering position and the person should be able to go from data warehouse design to data modeling to report development with relative ease. The position is located in San Diego.
What You Will Contribute:
- Lead the definition, planning, design and implementation of overall BI solutions as applied to the Data Warehouse, Data Marts, and other business efforts.
- Partner with Business to define and document reporting/process requirements.
- Design and develop DataStage ETL jobs and sequences that meet end user requirements.
- Integrate partner data feeds into existing data models.
- Model data into Cognos reporting environment, and develop professional quality Cognos reports for the Business.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge in multiple technical and business areas as well as performing a larger leadership role in the organization.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to blend technical and analytical insight, and effectively communicate findings to both business and IT leaders.
- Identify current and emerging technologies that are consistent with BI Architecture and best practices.
- Evaluate various tools and technologies as applied to the company and to the BI environment.
- Work with Platform Architects to assist and support eCommerce and Supply Chain platform needs as required.
- Promote standards and best practices in data modeling, ETL and report development.
- Participate in on-call rotation activities
What we offer:
- Exciting opportunity to be a part of a team that builds and evolves high performance, scalable order processing systems handling large transactional volumes: processing more than 50,000 orders a day, close to 5 million payment transactions a week; handling more than 1.5 million customer notifications in a day etc.
- We encourage and welcome out of the box ideas in all areas like artificial intelligence, data processing and information retrieval, voice capabilities, automation, computer vision, etc.
- Enjoy all the benefits of working for a publicly traded company (stock purchase plan, flexible hours and a healthy vacation plan).
- A relaxed work environment (shorts and sandals always welcome, onsite gym with classes).
- The blending of cultures across multiple cities and 3 continents where you can be part of helping shape our future.
- Lines of business and a technology organization ready to embrace your role and the business value it brings.
- A "flat" organization where you will spend time with business leaders, managers, developers, product management and executive leadership.
- Career opportunities! Those that have positive impact, with a positive approach, have a very bright future as we change, grow, expand and explore new and exciting experiences for our global customer base.
What we seek:
- 5+ years Business Intelligence / Data Warehouse experience
- 5+ years ETL tool experience (preferably IBM DataStage)
- 5+ years reporting tool experience (preferably IBM Cognos)
- 5+ years Advanced Structured Query Language (SQL) programming experience
- 5+ years Relational Databases experience (preferable Microsoft SQL Server and/or IBM Netezza)
- Strong communication skills with emphasis on teamwork and collaboration
- Highly motivated with strong work ethic and an ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment
- BS/BA in CS
- Demonstrated experience with multiple full cycle BI implementations in a technical architect role, utilizing business analysis skills during an iterative development cycle
- Strong data modeling skills (Normalized and Multidimensional for Data Marts, including Star Schema, Snow-Flake Modeling, Fact and Dimensional Modeling)
- Strong understanding of IBM DataStage/QualityStage
- Strong understanding of COGNOS BI tools including Framework Manager, Transformer, Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Query Studio, and Metric Studio
- NZ Analytics and Basic statistics -- crosstabs, significance testing and/or general linear modeling
- Experience with Predictive, Web, and Text Analytics -- Omniture, Google Analytics, SPSS, SAS, R
- Experience with Big Data tools (Hadoop, MapReduce)
Come join our team and be part of an exciting transformation! While you are part of the office of technology, you will have a broader impact on the overall growth of the business. Consider joining one of the few companies outside of Silicon Valley able to offer development of a high-traffic ecommerce platform receiving upwards of 40K customer purchases an hour.
Come give FTD a look! This position will be based in San Diego, CA. We are an incredibly open and welcoming company--come join our family!
FTD Companies is a global premier floral and gifting company with a vision to be the leading and most trusted floral and gifting company in the world. We provide floral, specialty foods, gift and related products and services to consumers, retail florists, and other retail locations and companies in need of floral and gifting solutions.
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top