SCOM / Monitoring Engineer
SCOM / Monitoring Engineer
Be an Innovative Agent of Change
Are you a Monitoring Engineer comfortable working in a fast-paced and innovative environment?
At FTD (NASDAQ:FTD) is experiencing a transformation within its technology organization--and across the business! As a Monitoring Engineer for FTD you will be responsible for working with and mentoring the Network Operations Center to ensure that critical platform elements and applications are covered in Provide Commerce's monitoring portfolio. The Monitoring Engineer will research, configure and implement monitoring tools and technologies to eliminate all gaps in monitoring coverage. A proactive approach to monitoring as well as the ability to respond quickly to events is a must.
What you will contribute:
- Facilitate the integration of the FTD NOC and the requirements of other IT teams.
- Ensure proper and thorough monitoring of all FTD servers, applications, network devices and connections using specific monitoring tools. Serve as principal point of contact to resolve discrepancies in monitoring.
- Identify monitoring gaps in NOC applications and processes. Work with other teams to mitigate the gaps identified.
- Take ownership of and administer monitoring tools.
- Work with NOC technicians to improve service levels, monitoring techniques and incident analysis.
- Research and prepare reports on new technologies and industry advances in Monitoring.
- Routinely evaluate NOC procedure, tools and documentation and ensure accuracy.
- Provide thorough research of issues and reports to escalation teams.
- Scrub internal knowledgebase for accuracy.
- Maintain and validate the library of documentation authored by other teams within the IT department.
- Perform proactive health checks as part of normal surveillance of the infrastructure.
- Execute routine maintenance activities such as tape backups, server validation, and content deployments.
- Ability to step into a Monitoring Engineer role and work as a member of the NOC team.
- Maintain awareness of network activities, upgrades, and maintenance.
- Update process documents and knowledgebase as needed.
What we offer:
- We encourage and welcome out of the box ideas in all areas like artificial intelligence, data processing and information retrieval, voice capabilities, automation, computer vision, etc.
- Enjoy all the benefits of working for a publicly traded company (stock purchase plan, flexible hours and a healthy vacation plan).
- A relaxed work environment (shorts and sandals always welcome, onsite gym with classes).
- The blending of cultures across multiple cities and 3 continents where you can be part of helping shape our future.
- Lines of business and a technology organization ready to embrace your role and the business value it brings.
- A "flat" organization where you will spend time with business leaders, managers, developers, product management and executive leadership.
- Career opportunities! Those that have positive impact, with a positive approach, have a very bright future as we change, grow, expand and explore new and exciting experiences for our global customer base.
What we seek:
- Preferred 5 years previous NOC/Monitoring experience.
- Knowledge of Windows Server Operating Systems, 2008/2012.
- CCNA, MCSA or MCSE highly desirable.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP networking concepts.
- Familiar with switch, router, and firewall configuration.
- Advanced experience with System Center Operations Manager desirable.
- Ability to derive technical issues based off interpreting customer experience data.
- Must have excellent technical writing abilities
- PowerShell scripting highly desirable.
- Flexible to cover other shifts as needed in a 24/7/365 NOC environment
- Extensive experience administering Monitoring technologies including; SCOM, SiteScope, CatchPoint, SolarWinds, Splunk and BMC End User Experience Management or equivalent.
- Fundamental Microsoft Office skills.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to use own judgment/initiative to undertake activities with minimal supervision.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and professional interaction skills.
- High standards of work ethic: punctuality, professionalism, and attitude.
- Ability to work independently and part of a goal oriented team.
- Detail oriented and able to follow procedures.
- Takes ownership of tasks.
- Analytical thinker.
Come join our team and be part of an exciting transformation! While you are part of the office of technology, you will have a broader impact on the overall growth of the business. Consider joining one of the few companies outside of Silicon Valley able to offer development of a high-traffic ecommerce platform receiving upwards of 40K customer purchases an hour.
Come give FTD a look! This position will be based in San Diego, CA. We are an incredibly open and welcoming company--come join our family!
FTD Companies is a global premier floral and gifting company with a vision to be the leading and most trusted floral and gifting company in the world. We provide floral, specialty foods, gift and related products and services to consumers, retail florists, and other retail locations and companies in need of floral and gifting solutions.
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top