Production Associate/ Technician
Under the general direction of the Gourmet Foods Operations Manager, this hands on position will oversee all functions involved in maintaining, and repairing equipment in a Shari's Berries Gourmet Food facility. Duties include the implementation and recording of a preventative maintenance program, and performing all applicable equipment repairs to sustain production. The Production Assoc. / Technician is also responsible for ensuring that cleaning instructions and schedules are followed for all production equipment. In addition to their technician tasks, they will be responsible for production duties including: ensuring accurate and timely fulfillment of perishable products to our customers by being able to lead, and perform, all functions of the production operation, including but not limited to quality assurance, inventory control, manufacturing and production, packaging and fulfillment of orders, shipping, and receiving, while maintaining a high level of quality and focus on the customer.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform routine responsibilities in an areas of production and manufacturing during all peak and non-peak periods to meet daily production goals and ensure accurate and timely fulfillment and shipment of all customer orders.
- Ensure completion of daily production duties, including but not limited to, quality assurance, inventory control, manufacturing, production, packaging and fulfillment of all orders
- Responsible for development, administration and performance of a preventative maintenance program for all equipment in the facility. This will include establishing a testing programs of critical equipment or components to anticipate or discover failures.
- Coordinate all scheduled equipment downtime requirements with the applicable manager.
- Review and oversee the installation of all or parts of capital installations.
- Maintain an appropriate parts inventory in order to minimize equipment downtime, especially during holiday events.
- Maintain all work areas in a clean manner in order to avoid product contamination and ensure safety.
- Maintain temperature logs on all critical heating and refrigeration equipment.
- Maintain contacts for and oversee all companies contracted to perform work above the Equipment Technician's certification level.
- Maintain certifications to operate all material handling equipment, use fall protection, and operate any necessary manlift equipment.
- Ensure HVAC, plumbing, and employee comfort facilities function properly.
- Maintain compliance of company sanitation plan and ensure department operates in a clean and sanitary manner and is complaint with all FDA regulations.
- Main compliance of all safety rules and regulations and ensure the team is operating in accordance to company and OSHA standards.
- Understand and maintain compliance of the FDA Best Practices in Manufacturing, Packing, or Holding Human Food as found in FDA Title 21.
- Complete and properly store all required records.
- Promote a positive atmosphere by leading by example, and fostering teamwork and a collaborative working environment.
- All other duties assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Technical or trade school certification preferred
- Three (3) years previous mechanical experience preferably working with food production or processing equipment.
- Basic knowledge of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and facilities maintenance.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulation and FDA Good Manufacturing Practices
- Basic knowledge of PLC operations preferred.
- Ability to work well with, and motivate, a team.
- Highly motivated individual, self-starter able to work independently with the ability to multitask who works well in a fast-paced environment and is adaptable to change.
- Ability to prioritize well against tight timelines, operate with a sense of urgency and perform well under pressure.
- Must be able to project a professional attitude under pressure.
- Proficiency in basic math.
- Knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook preferred.
Mental and Physical Demands
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This role may be exposed to the following: heavy machinery, dust, noise, heights, frequent and sustained walking and/or standing for prolonged periods of time, lifting up to 50 lbs and repetitive activities, including but not limited to, pulling, pushing, grabbing and hand motions. Appropriate clothing is required.
Types of Equipment:
- Chocolate melting equipment
- Chocolate enrobing equipment
- Powered conveyor lines
- Heat tunnel
- Sealing L-bar
- Automatic tape machine
- Stretch wrapper
- Automatic label applicator
- Material handling equipment
- Dock leveling/sealing equipment
- Refrigeration/freezing equipment
This list is meant to be a general reference and cannot be considered detailed or exhaustive. Specific pieces of equipment may be added or removed from the facility at any time.
- Normal business operations for this location are Monday -- Friday. This is a day shift schedule. Note shift schedules may be changed or updated to support business need during peak and non-perk periods. During non-peak periods, weekly full-time hours may fluctuate between 30-40 hours/week. During peak periods, this role may be required to work a different shift, weekends and/or overtime. Candidates must be willing and flexible to work anytime during non-peak/peak operating hours as set forth by the business.
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top