Be an Effective Liaison
Why is our Product Management team the next step for you?
At FTD we continually evolve the business--hyper-focused on customer experience! We have and are advancing a culture where solutions from the technology group will help transform our lines of business through customer-meaningful solutions, innovative technologies and business-impacting projects. We are investing in technology and building a culture of fun, exciting transformational change!
We are seeking agile roadmap drivers! As a Product Owner, you will be the primary interface between the users of customer facing, business critical applications, which involves active engagement in producing the vision and roadmap for this product. This highly visible position reports to the Product Management Director and will also work alongside other Product Owners / Product Managers--and of course work hand in hand with our engineers.
What You Will Contribute:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to prioritize voice of the customer into the product backlog. Understand the competitive landscape for your "product" and help suggest / stimulate / drive innovation.
- Own the product backlog list.
- Write clear user stories and acceptance criteria ensuring your Agile Team has thorough understanding.
- Prioritize work based on project needs, task dependencies, team capacities and schedules.
- Conduct impact analysis as requirements emerge, communicate progress and concerns amongst product/project stakeholders to accomplish organization objectives. While in IT you are a neutral shared service.
- Attend all required Scrum meetings including: daily stand-ups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, sprint review--inspect, accept or reject completed work.
- Collaborate closely with developers during sprints. Clarify requirements and make timely decisions on execution details
- Work with other Product Owners to ensure dependencies are prioritized appropriately across teams
What we offer:
- An environment of positive change--where you can truly make a difference
- The blending of cultures across multiple cities and 3 continents where you can be part of helping shape our future
- Lines of business and a technology organization ready to embrace your role and the business value it brings
- A "flat" organization where you will spend time with business leaders, managers, developers, scrum masters, product management and executive leadership. You are empowered not just to consolidate ideas, but offer them and stimulate an environment where no bad idea is bad.
- The ability to take calculated risks. Test & learn. Fail fast.
- Career opportunities! Those that have positive impact, with a positive approach, have a very bright future as we change, grow, expand and explore new and exciting experiences for our global customer base.
- A business that helps change people's lives 1000's of times every day across the world. Our drive is to inspire, support, and delight our customers when expressing life's most important sentiments in the form of fresh flowers, personalized gifts and delicious gourmet foods.
- A cool location located in Downers Grove near several suburbs with old town charm within striking distance of Chicago.
- Good pay with good benefits--and a culture that will reward superior performance.
- The ability and opportunity to learn and grow.
What we Seek:
- 3+ years of working knowledge of web and ecommerce development best practices
- Hands-on experience in working in an agile environment, including a strong working knowledge of the methodology and iterative development
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements. You are a problem solver. You think of ways in, around and through obstacles. How can it be done vs. why it can't.
- A true collaborator with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Business acumen--you will be immersed in the lines of business. But also experience being the bridge between business lines and the engineering departments. Open conflict is good--driving to resolution prized.
- Bachelor's degree in business management, computer science, or equivalent real-world experience.
- Preferably Agile Product Owner certified
Come join our team and be part of an exciting transformation! While you are part of the office of technology, you will have a broader impact on the overall growth of the business.
Come give FTD a look! This position will be based in Downers Grove, IL. We are an incredibly open and welcoming company--come join our family!
FTD Companies is a global premier floral and gifting company with a vision to be the leading and most trusted floral and gifting company in the world. We provide floral, specialty foods, gift and related products and services to consumers, retail florists, and other retail locations and companies in need of floral and gifting solutions.
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top