FTD Companies is a premier floral and gifting company with a vision to be the leading and most trusted floral and gifting company in the world.
Hands On Operations Supervisor
Gourmet Foods: ProFlowers and Shari’s Berries Distribution Center located in Garland, Texas
We provide floral, specialty foods, gift and related products and services to consumers, retail florists, and other retail locations and companies in need of floral and gifting solutions.
We are seeking an Operatons Supervisor who possesses strong leadership qualities to manage core and seasonal employees in a high volume peak season distribution center “pick and pack” environment. The person we seek will have a minimum of three years of similar experience in a perishables distribution operation with the ability to foster a team oriented, deadline driven mindset. Must have demonstrated proficiency in a warehouse management system, along with intermediate level skills in MS Office. Bi lingual (English/Spanish) is highly preferred. Customer service focused, team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to mentor and coach their team are essential attributes of the person who will succeed in this positive work environment.
How You Will Make An Impact:
- Provide hands-on supervision and assist with the management of the day-to-day operation of the facility, including manufacturing of specialty perishable products, enrobing operations, inventory control, sorting and quality control, staffing, and some personnel related issues, budget planning and safety.
- Supervising receiving function to ensure timely and accurate receipt of inbound product.
- Ensure accurate and on-time fulfillment of all customer orders.
- Supervise and train the GF Team to optimize productivity and promote growth.
- Maintain precise inventory and work closely with planning function to ensure adequate supplies are available. Communicate discrepancies to management.
- Ensure all quality processes are adhered to and all facility personnel are well-trained in all quality control procedures.
- Work with manager to plan production capacity and staffing levels; schedule personnel and other resources appropriately to efficiently execute the production plan.
- Assist facility manager in planning, preparing and executing high-volume seasonal operations.
- Manage and provide accurate GF reporting to various departments within Provide Commerce.
- Work with the Operations Manager to help develop, implement and facilitate processes that focus on achieving measurable improvements to production efficiency, inventory management, quality, fulfillment accuracy and on-time delivery.
- Peak periods-responsible for managing high volume of temporary employees and production lines. Non-peak periods- approx 50% of time spent on the floor.
- Gather operational data and publish metrics/reports as requested.
- Analyze operations and recommend improvements to maximize the efficiency of the operation.
- Promote a positive atmosphere by leading by example, and fostering teamwork and a collaborative working environment.
- Act as backup to manager and others as needed, and perform in those roles when necessary.
- Supervisor must be willing to take part in meeting day to day production goals of the facility, including working on the production line during non-peak periods and as needed.
- Understand and enforce all quality, safety and customer service standards and best practices.
- Maintain compliance of company sanitation plan and ensure department operates in a clean and sanitary manner and is complaint with all FDA regulations.
- Main compliance of all safety rules and regulations and ensure the team is operating in accordance to company and OSHA standards.
- Understand and maintain compliance of the FDA Best Practices in Manufacturing, Packing, or Holding Human Food as found in FDA Title 21.
- Complete and properly store all required records.
- Cross-train in other departments, as needed.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
Skills and Competencies You Will Leverage:
- Three (3) years of previous supervisory experience in distribution operations preferred.
- Previous experience working within perishables industry in high-volume, seasonal distribution environment preferred.
- Must be willing to take on a variety of roles within the Production facility including working on the line when needed.
- Dedicated commitment to customer service and fostering a team environment.
- Excellent ability to prioritize work against tight timelines, operate with a sense of urgency and perform under pressure.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a team player, good motivator and must be able to provide coaching and training in a positive and effective manner.
- General knowledge and/or experience in Quality Control.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Proficient ability with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook. Demonstrated experience using warehouse management systems to manage inventory, favorable.
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish highly preferred.
- Some travel as necessary (5% to 10%)
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This role may be exposed to the following: heavy machinery, dust, noise, frequent and sustained walking and/or standing for prolonged periods of time, lifting up to 50 lbs and repetitive activities, including but not limited to, pulling, pushing, grabbing and hand motions. Appropriate clothing is required.
Normal business operations for this location are Monday — Friday.This is a dayshift schedule during non-peak periods. Note shift schedules may be changed or updated to support business need during peak and non-perk periods. During non-peak periods, weekly full-time hours may fluctuate between 30-40 hours/week. During peak periods, this role may be required to work a different shift, weekends and/or overtime. Candidates must be willing and flexible to work anytime during non-peak/peak operating hours as set forth by the business.
- An environment rich in opportunity for growth and challenge
- A strong health and dental plan
- Vacation, sick and holiday days off
- Generous discounts on all FTD products
Through our diversified family of brands, we provide floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. We also provide floral products and services to retail florists and other retail locations throughout these same geographies. FTD has been delivering flowers since 1910 and the highly-recognized FTD® and Interflora® brands are supported by the iconic Mercury Man logo which is displayed in nearly 40,000 floral shops in approximately 150 countries. Our diversified portfolio of brands also includes the following trademarks: ProFlowers®, Shari’s Berries®, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Flying Flowers, Flowers Direct, Drake Algar, Sincerely and Gifts.com.
The FTD Mission Statement: To inspire, support and delight our customers when expressing life’s most important sentiments.
The FTD Vision Statement: To be the leading and most trusted floral and gifting company in the world.
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top