The Operations Supervisor role is a very hands-on position, responsible for assisting with the management of all aspects of production during the peak and non-peak periods in a high volume pick, pack, ship distribution center. S/he will be responsible for supervising all functions of the operation, with special focus on ensuring the packing/production schedule is being met daily to ensure accurate and on-time fulfillment and shipment of all customer orders, while maintaining our quality standards and communicating issues to management. The ideal candidate will be able to assist in optimizing productivity and managing the performance of all employees, providing mentorship and training on a regular basis. Supervisor must be willing to take part in meeting day to day production goals of the facility, including working on the production line during non-peak periods, as needed.
- Provide hands-on supervision and assist with the management of the day-to-day operation of the facility, including shipping, receiving, inventory control, quality control, staffing, and some personnel related issues, budget planning and safety.
- Supervise receiving function to ensure timely and accurate receipt of inbound product.
- Supervise Aquapacking Process/hydration operation.
- Supervise and plans packing schedule.
- Ensure accurate and on-time fulfillment and shipment of all customer orders.
- Supervise and train the Production Team to optimize productivity and promote growth.
- Maintain precise inventory and work closely with planning function to minimize product shrinkage/overage.
- Ensure all quality control processes are rigorously adhered to and all facility personnel are well-trained in all quality control procedures.
- Work with facility manager to plan production capacity and staffing levels; schedule personnel and other resources appropriately to efficiently execute the production plan.
- Assist facility manager in planning, preparing and executing high-volume seasonal operations.
- Work with the Operations Manager to help develop, implement and facilitate processes that focus on achieving measurable improvements to production efficiency, inventory management, quality, fulfillment accuracy and on-time delivery.
- Work closely with Warehouse Management Systems team (WMS) in order to understand, maintain knowledge of and help manage the operation and training of the WMS.
- Gather operational data and publish metrics/reports.
- Analyze operations and recommend improvements to maximize the efficiency of the operation.
- Act as backup to facility manager and other facility supervisors, and perform in those roles when necessary.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of previous supervisory experience in distribution operations.
- Previous experience working within floral or perishables industry in high-volume, seasonal distribution environment preferred.
- Dedicated commitment to customer service and fostering a team environment.
- Excellent ability to prioritize work against tight timelines, operate with a sense of urgency and perform under pressure.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a team player, good motivator and must be able to provide coaching and training in a positive and effective manner.
- General knowledge and/or experience in Quality Control.
- Able to perform manual labor such as lifting, bending, and moving boxes weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Able to perform repetitious movements including pushing, pulling and grabbing.
- Able to withstand working long hours in a cold environment.
- Proficient ability with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook, WMS System, AFO and RF Guns.
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish highly desired.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing this job, the employee will be working in a refrigerated warehouse environment operated by ammonia and/or freon. This role may be exposed to the following: heavy machinery, dust, noise, frequent and sustained walking and/or standing for prolonged periods of time, lifting up to 30 lbs and repetitive activities, including but not limited to, pulling, pushing, grabbing and hand motions. Appropriate clothing is required.
Normal business operations for this location are Monday – Friday. This is a day shift schedule. Note shift schedules may be changed or updated to support business need during peak and non-perk periods. During non-peak periods, weekly full-time hours may fluctuate between 30-40 hours/week. During peak periods, this role may be required to work a different shift, weekends and/or overtime. Candidates must be willing and flexible to work anytime during non-peak/peak operating hours as set forth by the business.
Disclaimer: The critical features of this job are listed above. No part of this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Back to top