The Operations Supervisor role is a very hands-on position responsible for assisting with the management of all aspects of gourmet foods manufacturing, production and distribution during peak and non-peak periods. S/he will be responsible for supervising all functions of the operation, with special focus on ensuring the production schedule is being met daily to ensure accurate and on-time fulfillment of all customer orders, while maintaining our quality standards and communicating issues to management. The ideal candidate will be able to assist in optimizing productivity and managing the performance of all employees, providing mentorship and training on a regular basis. Supervisor must be willing to take part in meeting day to day production goals of the facility, including working on the production line during non-peak periods, as needed.
- Provide hands-on supervision and assist with the management of the day-to-day operation of the facility, including manufacturing of specialty perishable products, enrobing operations, inventory control, sorting and quality control, staffing, and some personnel related issues, budget planning and safety.
- Supervising receiving function to ensure timely and accurate receipt of inbound product.
- Ensure accurate and on-time fulfillment of all customer orders.
- Supervise and train the GF Team to optimize productivity and promote growth.
- Maintain precise inventory and work closely with planning function to ensure adequate supplies are available. Communicate discrepancies to management.
- Ensure all quality processes are adhered to and all facility personnel are well-trained in all quality control procedures.
- Work with manager to plan production capacity and staffing levels; schedule personnel and other resources appropriately to efficiently execute the production plan.
- Assist facility manager in planning, preparing and executing high-volume seasonal operations.
- Manage and provide accurate GF reporting to various departments within Provide Commerce.
- Work with the Operations Manager to help develop, implement and facilitate processes that focus on achieving measurable improvements to production efficiency, inventory management, quality, fulfillment accuracy and on-time delivery.
- Peak periods-responsible for managing high volume of temporary employees and production lines. Non-peak periods- approx 50% of time spent on the floor.
- Gather operational data and publish metrics/reports as requested.
- Analyze operations and recommend improvements to maximize the efficiency of the operation.
- Promote a positive atmosphere by leading by example, and fostering teamwork and a collaborative working environment.
- Act as backup to manager and others as needed, and perform in those roles when necessary.
- Supervisor must be willing to take part in meeting day to day production goals of the facility, including working on the production line during non-peak periods and as needed.
- Understand and enforce all quality, safety and customer service standards and best practices.
- Maintain compliance of company sanitation plan and ensure department operates in a clean and sanitary manner and is complaint with all FDA regulations.
- Main compliance of all safety rules and regulations and ensure the team is operating in accordance to company and OSHA standards.
- Understand and maintain compliance of the FDA Best Practices in Manufacturing, Packing, or Holding Human Food as found in FDA Title 21.
- Complete and properly store all required records.
- Cross-train in other departments, as needed.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Three (3) years of previous supervisory experience in distribution operations preferred.
- Previous experience working within perishables industry in high-volume,
seasonal distribution environment preferred.
- Must be willing to take on a variety of roles within the Production facility including working on the line when needed.
- Dedicated commitment to customer service and fostering a team environment.
- Excellent ability to prioritize work against tight timelines, operate with a sense of urgency and perform under pressure.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a team player, good motivator and must be able to provide coaching and training in a positive and effective manner.
- General knowledge and/or experience in Quality Control.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Proficient ability with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook. Demonstrated experience using warehouse management systems to manage inventory, favorable.
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish highly preferred.
- Some travel as necessary (5% to 10%)
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This role may be exposed to the following: heavy machinery, dust, noise, frequent and sustained walking and/or standing for prolonged periods of time, lifting up to 50 lbs and repetitive activities, including but not limited to, pulling, pushing, grabbing and hand motions. Appropriate clothing is required.
Normal business operations for this location are Monday — Friday. This is a day shift schedule during non-peak periods. Note shift schedules may be changed or updated to support business need during peak and non-perk periods. During non-peak periods, weekly full-time hours may fluctuate between 30-40 hours/week. During peak periods, this role may be required to work a different shift, weekends and/or overtime. Candidates must be willing and flexible to work anytime during non-peak/peak operating hours as set forth by the business.
Disclaimer: The critical features of this job are listed above. No part of this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top