.Net Software Engineer
Purpose of Position: The Software Engineer is a critical technical resource for the development of cutting-edge, sophisticated and high-performing applications to support FTD's business and its member florists. This position requires a strong team player with knowledge and experience in development languages such as Java, J2EE, C# and .NET, and will understand how to develop secure, reusable code. A Software Engineer will exhibit a strong desire to meet delivery criteria on schedule and with high quality in a fast paced development environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the analysis, design, development, implementation and support of FTD's internal applications or its commercial software for florists.
- Contribute to the efficiency of the development process.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned based upon business need.
- Ability to use computer and key board for extended periods of time
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Works in an office environment which may be in small, open, cubicle space
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS computer science or related degree / experience; 2+ years of software development experience
- Background in J2EE or Microsoft .NET environment using C#
- Background in one or more of the database technologies used within FTD, including Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server.
- Knowledge in writing stored procedures and views.
- Able to develop technical design from requirements
- Demonstrated skills in developing high-quality applications
- Experience in continuously improving the customer experience
- Meticulous in completing tasks on schedule, with high quality, and with attention to detail
- Strong team player yet self motivated and able to make progress with limited direction
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in Microsoft VC++ using MFC/ATL
- Experience in with communication between distributed components using JMS.
- Experience in *nix operating systems
- Experience in COM/DCOM development
- Experience in Agile or Extreme Programming
- Experience in developing for ecommerce.
- Retail systems experience such as POS, back office, etc.
- Visual Basic For Applications
- Experience in Test Driven Development
- Use of software engineering tools (such as N-Unit, Quality Center, etc)
- Experience in developing web services.
- Experience in change management and configuration management
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top