.Net Developer – Web Applications
.Net Developer – Web Applications
This position will work within a cross-functional agile team to build highly performing, architecturally sound, scalable web applications. Our solutions engineers partner with their PO to translate the business’ needs into workable technology solutions using a hands-on approach throughout all aspects of the development process. We seek an engineer with the ability and interest in working on a broad range of different projects and technologies who loves to write code, is excited about building things, and is passionate about robust software design.
- Working on highly visible strategic projects as a member of an agile development team
- Contributing high quality work in both the client and server technology spaces of our web application platform, automation framework, or other technology areas as needed to best aid the team’s successful delivery of sprint commitments
- Communicate with business often and exhibit ardent attention to detail to ensure the solutions provided best address the business’ needs with minimal rework.
- Grow to be a generalist by swarming as necessary to assist team in achieving sprint goals in areas within and without your area of expertise.
- Adhere to and champion team definition of done, ensuring work is introduced with minimal technical debt and with appropriate automation.
- Participate in code reviews and courteously provide & receive design feedback, incorporating resultant recommendations as necessary.
- You have minimum of 2 years of development experience and/or a computer science degree from a reputable university
- You have sharp analytical abilities, problem solving techniques, and OO software design skills
- You are incredibly passionate about technology and frequently spend your spare time staying up to date and experimenting with the latest technologies, techniques, and processes.
- You are capable of dealing with cross-team dependencies, rapid schedules and a constantly evolving business environment.
- Experience with browser automation via Selenium is a plus.
- Experience with Agile / Scrum methodologies a plus.
- You have excellent written communication and verbal agility.
- You are proactive, motivated and able to work in teams.
- You are excellent at juggling multiple responsibilities and tasks at a given time, and prioritizing those items so that your time is used efficiently.
- You are an effective communicator, presenting facts not feelings and balancing business goals with engineering goals.
- You take pride in being accountable, take ownership of outstanding issues, and establish a high level of credibility with others in the organization.
- An understanding of tiered distributed systems; knowledge of e-commerce business and fulfillment business processes a plus.
- Experience working with the business in defining solutions is a plus.
FTD Companies, Inc. (Nasdaq:FTD) is the largest gifting company in the world. Through our diversified family of brands, we provide floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. We also provide floral products and services to retail florists and other retail locations throughout these same geographies. FTD has been delivering flowers since 1910 and the highly-recognized FTD® and Interflora® brands are supported by the iconic Mercury Man logo which is displayed in nearly 40,000 floral shops in approximately 150 countries. Our diversified portfolio of brands also includes the following trademarks: ProFlowers®, Shari’s Berries®, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Flying Flowers, Flowers Direct, Drake Algar, Sincerely and Gifts.com.
For more information about our portfolio of brands, we invite you to visit www.FTDCompanies.com.
Back to top