Merchandising Operations Analyst
Purpose of Position: Responsible for Site Management and Merchandising of eCommerce products for the Florist Segment. Manages key business initiatives related to the WebGift program. The WebGifts business is a B-to-C drop ship inventory/inventory-free business where vendors' products are sold via Members' websites and shipped direct to the gift recipient.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for global merchandising of Florists' websites. Results of merchandising efforts will be measured by order volume, margin, and accuracy of product related information.
- Analyze available data to validate product assortment and merchandising decisions.
- Accurately maintain a robust product catalog including item set-up, modification, availability, and discontinuation. This will be critical for both everyday related items and seasonal items. Ensure images, descriptions, and pricing are up to date and accurate in Webcentral, JDE, and FTDi.com.
- Manage daily operations of the WebGift business including interactions with Vendors, Customer Service, and FTD.COM.
- Understand and manage daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly forecasts by product, vendor, and sender.
- Work with vendor operations team to ensure that daily order volume is processed successfully.
- Work with customer service team and vendor operations to resolve any escalated customer service issues or vendor concerns.
- Present WebGift holiday product lines and prior year sales analysis to Senior Manager for approval. Provide projections for holiday sales by item to vendors.
- During holiday periods, provide reporting analysis on sell thru and projections to FTD.COM buyers, vendors and eCommerce Senior Manager.
- Partner with FTD.COM Senior Buyer to select gift, gourmet, and plant WebGift products for holidays and everyday categories. Work with key floral vendor for the WebGift program to determine appropriate floral items available seasonally.
- Focus on retaining WebGift member base and execute save initiative if a member elects to drop the program. Communicate with members directly on product or program changes.
- Identify new opportunities for the WebGift business to attain growth (i.e. top senders, new products, cost structuring, etc.).
- Serve as a liaison to members as they transition into the Web Gift program. Send out initial communication to member that introduces them to the program, highlighting the value added benefits, and WebGift Operations. Includes assisting in product selection, forecast creation, and quarterly presentations.
- Develop effective and beneficial relationships with key vendors. Ensure that vendor relationships are optimal i.e., getting the best possible prices, quality and service levels with an appropriate level of partnership. Provide training to vendors on how to process WebGift orders.
- Audit new contracts to ensure WebGifts are set up properly on member's websites. Check FOL and 3rd party sites daily to make sure products are turned on. If items are not turned on, ensure individuals contact FOL Support or member to get the appropriate items added to the site.
- Work with Vendor Operations team to ensure refunds are processed on a monthly basis by reviewing order details and determining if the issue was FTD's, UPS, FedEx or Purolator, or vendor.
- Assist in other operational tasks as assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Photoshop.
- College degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience with a high level of customer and vendor interaction.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Willingness and ability to learn additional systems such as JDE, Webcentral, Argo, Orion, and Scandata.
- Prior experience in online product merchandising a plus.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or technical procedures.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of customers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to plan, organize, and proactively problem solve on a strategic level.
- Ability to mentor and motivate individuals.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Ability to adjust to and work with last minute changes and requests.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
- Physical Demands: the employee is regularly required to use hands and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top