Media Marketing Manager
The Acquisition Marketing Team at FTD Companies is seeking an experienced marketing professional to contribute to our robust media programs. As part of the Acquisition Marketing Team, you’ll work among the best and brightest in the ecommerce gifting space, making a measurable impact to our top and bottom line. If you are passionate, driven by results, don’t settle for “good enough” and have been known as a rock star—then please keep reading!
The Media Marketing Manager is a 4+ year experience position and will be focused on the Shari’s Berries brand. This role owns the strategy and execution for Radio, Television, streaming audio and other offline channels, developing marketing strategies and tactical plans that meet strategic objectives for acquiring customers and maximizing profitability.
What you will contribute:
- Develop and implement strategic plans to achieve long and short-term strategic objectives, principally related to new customer acquisition, customer retention, and profitability.
- Lead decision making on all related media buying including negotiating and working with partners to develop testing plans to achieve revenue targets.
- Be responsible for the full end-to-end customer experience for your channels including the online and offline customer experience, promotions, key messaging and campaign management.
- Own testing strategy for site landing pages, product features, and campaign creative to maximize acquisition (conversion) and lifetime value
- Conduct seasonal campaign analysis and make recommendations on all owned marketing campaigns.
- Develop ongoing media plan to continuously raise awareness among core target audiences while driving top and bottom line growth
- Consistently and predictably forecast and deliver financial plan commitments, including Order Volume, Net Revenue, and Direct Operating Expenses on a monthly, quarterly and fiscal year basis.
- Manage agency relationships, asking the right questions and making strategic decisions with agency partners to achieve brand goals
- Partner with internal creative department and external agency partners to develop creative that is on brand and effective at driving response in both offline and online channels
- Understand and analyze data, making recommendations regarding investment and operating decisions.
- Explore new media opportunities that fit our target audience and strategic objectives; develop test and implementation plans accordingly
- Maintain and foster productive working relationships with all internal support functions, particularly Marketing / Merchandising, Creative, Planning & Logistics, Consumer Insights, Strategic Development, Legal, Finance and IT.
What we seek:
- 3-6 years+ prior marketing experience or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree or MBA
- Proven analytical ability and quantitative skills, strong Excel skills
- Proven track record developing and executing marketing strategies
- Experience in online and offline direct marketing strongly preferred, with emphasis in campaign management and measurable results
- Mass media planning, buying and strategy experience, agency side experience a plus
- Exceptional problem-solving skills are essential. Must be able to hypothesize and analyze root causes and then make data-driven recommendations regarding solutions and opportunities. Understand how/when to incorporate qualitative data into decision-making
- Self-starter/motivator, capable of working both autonomously and collaboratively
- Results driven
- Creative and innovative
- Excellent communication skills, solid negotiation skills
- Good people skills — ability to work in a highly collaborative environment, team player
- Detail oriented, highly organized
- Energy / capacity to work in a fast paced environment
- Direct response marketing experience
- Experience with data reporting tools such as cognos, SQL, server, etc.
- Experience using Omniture or other web analytics tools
- Attribution experience and understanding within integrated marketing campaigns
- E-commerce experience
- Traditional media planning or buying experience
The Acquisition Marketing Department is an in-house B2C team that generates high revenue via multiple online and traditional marketing channels. This position requires a highly motivated, results oriented, collaborative individual who takes initiative, is naturally curious and thinks outside the box. You will work closely with cross functional teams, including other marketing channels, brand directors, merchandising, supply chain, analytics and site optimization to forecast and implement marketing campaigns.
Come give FTD a look! We are an incredibly open and welcoming company—come join our family!
FTD Companies is a global premier floral and gifting company with a vision to be the leading and most trusted floral and gifting company in the world. We provide floral, specialty foods, gift and related products and services to consumers, retail florists, and other retail locations and companies in need of floral and gifting solutions.
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top