FTD Companies is in search of a strong Materials Planner for Gourmet Foods business unit to join Supply Chain Operations department. FTD GF Brand, better known as Shari's berries, is an industry leading, $1.3B ecommerce platform that generates shipments of over 60K per hour during our busiest week. This is a company that not only gives you the ability to champion innovative solutions but also invests in you and your teams. Ideally, we are looking for a candidate who is self-motivated, detail-oriented individual with exceptional planning and analytical skills who enjoys a developing product flow processes and making real time tactical inventory decisions. This Materials Planner will be responsible for monitoring, analyzing, and replenishment of assigned products at 3rd party fulfillment partners and company distribution centers. If this is you, you can enjoy all the benefits of working for a publicly traded company (stock purchase plan, bonus, flexible hours and a healthy vacation plan) while still enjoying a relaxed work environment (shorts and sandals welcome, onsite gym with classes).
- Evaluate and plan inventory levels company fulfillment centers and 3rd party fulfilment partners according to forecasted sales and promotional plans.
- Maintain item master for MRP and inventory management system.
- Partner with fulfillment locations to resolve fulfillment issues.
- Interface with Gourmet Foods Merchandising, Forecasting, and Marketing team to optimize seasonal inventory sales while minimizing stock-outs and obsolescence.
- Communicate with vendors and transportation carriers to ensure proper execution of requests, including initial shipments as well as transfers.
- Communicate with various fulfillment partners on projected deliveries. Follow-up on inventory levels and monitor on-time delivery.
- Monitor and maintain real-time inventory level at our fulfillment centers to ensure consistent flow of inventory during peak and non-peak periods.
- Reconcile/investigate inventory discrepancies.
- Prepare month end inventory reports for Finance.
- Work interdepartmentally to ensure the timely flow of relevant information, improve processes and achieve company goals.
- Analyze inventory levels, product items, and category performance in order to identify inventory opportunities and issues.
- Manage, monitor shelf-life, expiration date on perishable products.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned by manager.
- Key interfaces include:
- Company Fulfillment Centers
- Merchandising and Product Development
- Forecasting and Inventory Planning
- External Suppliers
- 4+ years experience in retail or online inventory management
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Purchasing Certifications preferred
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Excel/Access. Pivot Table and SQL knowledge is a significant plus
- Experience with planning/inventory management systems
- Strong organizational, communication and time management skills
- Detail oriented and ability to maintain and keep track of multiple information sources
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills to strategically manage and drive positive financial results for assigned categories
- The ability to summarize data logically and communicate information and recommendations clearly to all levels of the organization
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly seasonal environment
- Proactive and persistent in addressing challenges and in developing innovative processes and solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work under pressure of deadlines
- Experience in an e-commerce or consumer goods environment is desirable
- Self-motivated, ability to find new ways to improve processes
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top