Manager, Software Development
Manager of Software Development
Be an Innovative Agent of Change
Are you a Software Development Manager interested in leading fast-paced teams creating innovative and cutting-edge products?
At FTD (NASDAQ:FTD) we continually evolve the business by promoting a culture where solutions from the technology group help transform our lines of business through customer-meaningful solutions, innovative technologies and business-impacting projects.
This highly crucial position will take a leading role in building applications within our multi-brand $1B+ ecommerce company. We're actively searching for top-level development managers with hands-on programming capabilities to join newly created teams at FTD who will be tasked with building an entirely new state-of the-art platform and architecture from scratch.
What You Will Contribute:
- Champion innovative solutions leading top-caliber software engineers, web developers, and QA automation resources contributing within our growing ecosystem of cutting edge SOA based applications.
- Interact closely with business to understand business processes and proposing technical as well as non-technical solutions for business problems--seek the biggest bangs!
- Interface with leaders across software teams to promote software best-practices, technical guidance when requested an overall positive change.
- Mentor developers, grow skillsets.
- Actively work with directors, VPs and CIO in continuously improving SDLC process and the efficiency and effectiveness of the engineering team.
- Exciting opportunity to be a part of a team that builds and evolves high performance, scalable order processing systems handling large transactional volumes: processing more than 50,000 orders a day, close to 5 million payment transactions a week; handling more than 1.5 million customer notifications in a day etc.
- We encourage and welcome out of the box ideas in all areas like artificial intelligence, data processing and information retrieval, voice capabilities, automation, computer vision, etc.
- Enjoy all the benefits of working for a publicly traded company (stock purchase plan, flexible hours and a healthy vacation plan).
- A relaxed work environment (shorts and sandals always welcome, onsite gym with classes).
- Annual discretionary bonus
- The blending of cultures across multiple cities and 3 continents where you can be part of helping shape our future.
- Lines of business and a technology organization ready to embrace your role and the business value it brings.
- A "flat" organization where you will spend time with business leaders, managers, developers, product management and executive leadership.
- Perfect place to grow and bring digital transformation. Needless to say, such a high-powered, fast paced work environment offers an equally fast-paced path to grow in your career.
- Experienced and competent software development manager with exceptional leadership skills and a willingness to write code up to 50% of the time.
- Minimum 3 years of software development management experience on complex projects.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Possess a solid understanding of tiered distributed systems.
- You are proficient in Java on the Spring framework, as well as Web Services, WCF, Rest, SQL and Windows Services.
- You are versed in Git, Team Foundation Server or other comparable source control/SDLC tools for a large environment.
- You are proficient in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) principles and have used them in practice.
- Versed in Microservice architecture and practices
- Experience building high performing systems including latency measurement, analysis, and optimization across the entire technology stack
- Proficient with software design patterns.
- You have sharp analytical abilities, problem solving techniques and object-oriented software design skills
- You are proactive, motivated and able to work in teams.
- You are excellent at juggling multiple responsibilities and tasks at a given time and prioritizing those items so that your time is used efficiently.
- You have experience implementing or utilizing Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) practices.
- You have experience developing for high-volume web applications.
- Experience in Cloud-based technologies such as AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure is a plus
- Experience working with business in defining solutions in an agile environment.
- You have excellent written communication skills and verbal agility.
- You take pride in being accountable, taking ownership of outstanding issues and establishing a high level of credibility with others in the organization.
- You take pride in producing high quality software utilizing automated unit and integration testing.
- Experience with PIM Systems, OMS, and or FMS is a plus.
Give FTD a look! This position will be based in Downtown, Chicago IL.
FTD Companies is a global premier floral and gifting company with a vision to be the leading and most trusted floral and gifting company in the world. We provide floral, specialty foods, gift and related products and services to consumers, retail florists, and other retail locations and companies in need of floral and gifting solutions.
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top