Manager / Product Owner, Supply Chain Systems
FTD Companies, Inc., the largest gifting company in the world, is seeking a seasoned Product Manager / Supply Chain Systems. In this role you will apply leadership, problem solving, and organizational skills to drive innovation and change with the FTD Companies supply chain systems and processes.
The Product Manager / Supply Chain Systems will drive various components of the supply chain systems, and will lead projects/initiatives to enhance systems capabilities and improve supply chain processes with the goal of providing a best-in-class supply chain platform. This position will lead the design, development, and implementation of supply chain system enhancements and process improvements. They will work closely with the IT group to ensure the solutions are developed, tested and implemented on-time and within budget, and properly support the defined business requirements. They will also work with the supply chain operations team to ensure training, supporting documentation, and post go-live support needs are met for systems and process improvement implementations. This position will report to the Director, Supply Chain Systems & Programs.
- Working closely with the business stakeholders, lead the design, development, and implementation of innovative supply chain systems solutions that support company and supply chain goals and objectives.
- Provide a leadership role in driving system enhancements and process improvement initiatives – work with cross-functional teams to bring initiatives to life and make decisions on project direction and scope.
- Manage the scope of projects for supply chain systems (inventory management, demand planning, order management, order routing, carrier integration)
- Facilitate the gathering, consolidation, and documentation of business requirements for supply chain systems projects, including the documentation current and future state business process flows and SOPs.
- Develop and manage systems process design flows for supply chain systems projects. Specify and recommend configuration changes where needed, and facilitate the gathering, managing and prioritizing of modification requests.
- Utilize Agile methodologies to facilitate quarterly planning, sprint planning, and backlog grooming activities for supply chain systems projects.
- Work with IT Engineers on various development activities including: system functional flows, reporting requirements, forms, alerts, queries and application processes within guidelines for project due dates and quality
- Work with QA leads to develop test user cases, approve test plans, and support user acceptance testing (UAT) prior to all releases to ensure successful deployments.
- Provide project management leadership and guidance for supply chain systems deployments.
- Facilitate the onboarding process and training of team members for new operations and systems enhancements.
- Administer the process for creating/updating the documentation for warehouse management systems (WMS) standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Provide issue support for operations managers and ops techs, as well as facilitating the triaging/issue resolution process.
- Offer advice, training, expertise and assistance to other members of the development team in the design, build, and implementation of technology solutions through participation in user acceptance testing and informal knowledge sharing.
- Train/mentor product analysts and help them develop the skills and expertise necessary to become the subject matter experts and effectively support the supply chain operations teams.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by manager or project leader.
- 5+ years of related experience working with transportation/routing systems, forecasting/demand planning applications, inventory management, or other applicable supply chain systems.
- BA/BS or higher degree in a supply chain/logistics or other related field of study.
- Extensive understanding of supply chain processes and best practices, especially in the areas transportation, forecasting, demand planning, or inventory management.
- 3+ years project/program management experience strongly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects with cross-functional teams.
- Agile certifications or experience utilizing agile concepts and methodologies a plus.
- Experience with implementing WMS or other supply chain related software.
- Strong critical thinking, data analysis, and problem solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel, PowerPoint and Visio is required.
- Proficiency with SQL query usage and development preferred.
- Position based in San Diego – may require 20-30% travel
FTD Companies, Inc. (Nasdaq:FTD) is the largest gifting company in the world. Through our diversified family of brands, we provide floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. We also provide floral products and services to retail florists and other retail locations throughout these same geographies. FTD has been delivering flowers since 1910 and the highly-recognized FTD® and Interflora® brands are supported by the iconic Mercury Man logo which is displayed in nearly 40,000 floral shops in approximately 150 countries. Our diversified portfolio of brands also includes the following trademarks: ProFlowers®, Shari’s Berries®, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Flying Flowers, Flowers Direct, Drake Algar, Sincerely and Gifts.com.
The FTD Mission Statement is to inspire, support and delight our customers when expressing life’s most important sentiments. For more information about our portfolio of brands, we invite you to visit www.FTDCompanies.com.
Back to top