Position Description: Manager of Operations is responsible for the development of strategic and tactical Supply Chain & BU KPI metrics within the Personal Creations brand. This person works closely with cross-functional leaders, Planning, General Manager, OPS Director and VP of Operations to gather, analyze and deploy fact-based recommendations to optimize the profitability of our business. Related functions reporting to this position include; Analytics, OPS IT, and Inventory Control team (the largest cash flow inventory for FTD). Individual will provide leadership to 5 direct reports and 5+ indirect reports. Some work is required on nights and weekends.
Purpose of Position: The Manager, Supply Chain Analytics designs and owns Supply Chain related KPIs for the Personal Creations brand. This includes the development and on-going maintenance of reports required to capture and distribute such information. By using analytics insights, translate data into actions to reduce inventory, eliminate waste and improve day to day decisions. This person prioritizes and manages the data and analytics needs from cross-functional leaders. This person also develops and maintains automation requirements based on the needs of the internal partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain prep day automation required to support complex changes to the Personal Creations' site on daily basis.
- Create and maintain a suite of reports mainly used by Planning & OPS. This includes WMS and Just Enough reports, Item Master, Inventory Master, Product Master, PO Master, seasonal tracker, various alerts, exception reports, slotting, cycle count, and inventory mgmt.
- Lead and manage analyst(s) to prioritize projects and to ensure we have data consistency across the organization.
- Design the KPIs and metrics required to measure inventory, planner performance, slotting and whse utilization, inventory mgmt., utilization, OEE, and etc.....
- Work with IT and Supply Chain systems on design & development, testing and implementation of new systems, solutions and software. (OPS, analytics, & Corp.)
- Lead the inventory management and cycle count program in compliance with SOX requirements and FTD regulations
- Strategically design facility warehouse slotting process to reduce costs
- Strategically drive the Inventory mgmt. program for BU w/ FTD
- Initiate and work on ad-hoc projects and opportunities to enhance optimization and probability of Personal Creations business.
- Manage team of analyst, programmers and inventory professionals
- Manage and participate in cross functional teams focused on driving BU initiatives and cost savings
- Manage and lead cross function project teams as related to SCO and analytics
- Lead cross functional and cross BU analytics support
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Computer Science or Business Economics. Master's degree preferred.
- 8 to 10 years of experience working within the areas of Supply Chain, Operations and/or Analytics.
- Proven record in leading and managing a team of strong performers.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and advanced knowledge with Microsoft Excel required.
- Experience with software development and writing script for automation and process improvement. (Python, VB Script and Java)
- Experience with SAS, R or other statistical software a plus.
- Very strong quantitative analytical skills, business acumen and insight; with the ability to understand and synthesize data from various sources, work around data limitations, and form impactful judgments and insights.
- The ability to summarize data logically and communicate information and recommendations clearly.
- Experience with WMS, ERP systems and Demand Planning/Forecasting software.
See Inside the Office of FTD Companies
FTD Companies, Inc., is a premier floral and gifting company. Through its diversified family of brands, FTD provides floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. The company’s portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Canada includes: FTD, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely, and Gifts.com. FTD’s mission to delight and inspire customers is the foundation of the business today.
Back to top